RIP - Trailwolf Cycles

MTB-More

This is really sad nice bunch of guys and my dog is going to miss his buddy Bear the Labrador.  Bear belonged to one of the guys at Trailwolf and would join us on our hike or run, Ranger and Bear formed quite the team sniffing out rabbits and guinea fowl.

I've been.

they should move down here, get an investor, pair with a trail network and do exactly what they have been doing there with the shop and restaurant etc...will be an instant hit. You just dont have the numbers in P-town unfortunately to make something like that sustainable longterm imo. if you compare that to some of the parks in the north here (and on any day of the week)....wolwespruit is pretty much a ghost town in comparative terms. 

Ag no !! I thought things were going ok and they were always booked in advance for servicing ?? .Another covid casualty ?

Damn - not good news - were super helpful and the shop always had a decent range of stuff.

They also managed to sort out an ongoing issue on my bike.

Will be missed  :(

I've been.

they should move down here, get an investor, pair with a trail network and do exactly what they have been doing there with the shop and restaurant etc...will be an instant hit. You just dont have the numbers in P-town unfortunately to make something like that sustainable longterm imo. if you compare that to some of the parks in the north here (and on any day of the week)....wolwespruit is pretty much a ghost town in comparative terms. 

Not sure when you visited, it took a while to build a clientele but before COVID the place was buzzing and I doubt whether it was a numbers problem. Even during LD I found about half the parking lot full at 12h00 on a weekday, on weekends the parking lot is full for most of the day hardly a ghost town . The issue could be high rentals, COVID or a combination thereof.

Not sure when you visited, it took a while to build a clientele but before COVID the place was buzzing and I doubt whether it was a numbers problem. Even during LD I found about half the parking lot full at 12h00 on a weekday, on weekends the parking lot is full for most of the day hardly a ghost town . The issue could be high rentals, COVID or a combination thereof.

Relatively recently...

I know that valley relatively well too, grew up there.

I meant to convey that those cars probably aren't all cyclists using the trail and shop....and that half those cars are probably bored Erasmus-waterkloof tannies getting dagdronk at the restaurant. it also seems popular for business meetings and babyshowers...or people not wanting to sit in the hospital cafeteria right outside the gate. Which is fine...but those people don't necessarily buy stuff from the bikeshop or pay for trail use?

anyway. still sucks

Relatively recently...

I know that valley relatively well too, grew up there.

I meant to convey that those cars probably aren't all cyclists using the trail and shop....and that half those cars are probably bored Erasmus-waterkloof tannies getting dagdronk at the restaurant. it also seems popular for business meetings and babyshowers...or people not wanting to sit in the hospital cafeteria right outside the gate. Which is fine...but those people don't necessarily buy stuff from the bikeshop or pay for trail use?

anyway. still sucks

Could be but I have changed my routine to midday during the week because the trails are too busy and I am tired of people not giving a hoot about masks and social distancing. This is the case in the mornings and late afternoons as well.

Very sad! Andre & team has always provided excellent service and advice! Known them since they started as Tool-up cycles. Feel sorry for them!! ????

No way.. :thumbdown:

I ride at Wolwespruit at least once a week as its about 4km from home.

Restaurant is pumping over weekends and during the week so definitely plenty of visitors to the park but the general consensus of most riders I speak to is that Wolwe is too technical for them.

Hiking/walking/trail the majority of visitors it seems.

They had quite a big shop so I wonder if rent was getting crazy.

Anyone know what the new building/development is on the right as you drive in?

No way.. :thumbdown:

I ride at Wolwespruit at least once a week as its about 4km from home.

Restaurant is pumping over weekends and during the week so definitely plenty of visitors to the park but the general consensus of most riders I speak to is that Wolwe is too technical for them.

Hiking/walking/trail the majority of visitors it seems.

They had quite a big shop so I wonder if rent was getting crazy.

Anyone know what the new building/development is on the right as you drive in?

Apparently a gym

Very sad indeed, we run there once a week and are part of the club.  Wondering what will happen to the Wolfpack going forward.

And yes apparently a gym, but don't know how COVID impacted the progress and requirement.