Issues with Rouvy resistance

Shane__bob

Hi Hubbers!

So I just got Rouvy and the primary use would be to participate in the races on Rouvy AR. 

Now the AR does not support Ant+ yet and requires Bluetooth. My laptop has Bluetooth and I am able to connect to my trainer, the Tacx Vortex smart. But the issue is that it cannot connect to the trainer as a controllable. As I understand things, it needs that connection in order to use 'erg' mode to simulate hills. 

In the Rouvy workouts, erg mode works. So I no idea what is going on here,

I have a feeling that the Bluetooth compatibility is the issue, but I am not sure.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks! 

Hi Hubbers!

So I just got Rouvy and the primary use would be to participate in the races on Rouvy AR. 

Now the AR does not support Ant+ yet and requires Bluetooth. My laptop has Bluetooth and I am able to connect to my trainer, the Tacx Vortex smart. But the issue is that it cannot connect to the trainer as a controllable. As I understand things, it needs that connection in order to use 'erg' mode to simulate hills. 

In the Rouvy workouts, erg mode works. So I no idea what is going on here,

I have a feeling that the Bluetooth compatibility is the issue, but I am not sure.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks! 

My dad also uses Rouvy AR, with his laptop, and with my old Vortex Smart. His resistance seems to work fine.

I can't check right now, but can ask him to send me a screenshot of his connection page tonight.

It works fine in Rouvy Workouts, also over Bluetooth? Or is that with ANT+?

My dad also uses Rouvy AR, with his laptop, and with my old Vortex Smart. His resistance seems to work fine.

I can't check right now, but can ask him to send me a screenshot of his connection page tonight.

It works fine in Rouvy Workouts, also over Bluetooth? Or is that with ANT+?

Over Ant+ it works fine. But not bluetooth... its weird. I can only ride at one speed / effort and it adjusts my speed in the app if that makes sense.

As read somewhere that you require that Blue-giga Dongle, not sure why but it works well with Phones.

Looks expensive hahaha

You will get quite a few answers from the Rouvy Facebook group - good and bad.

The users can answer the questions of Ant+ and windows and other issues.

Edited by Frosty

Over Ant+ it works fine. But not bluetooth... its weird. I can only ride at one speed / effort and it adjusts my speed in the app if that makes sense.

Interesting. To my knowledge, my dad doesn't use an external bluetooth dongle. Its a fairly new laptop though, running Windows 10.

Although it seems that Microsoft keeps breaking Bluetooth with updates - so far I've not had to play Rouvy helpdesk for my dad, touch wood.

But I'll check if I can see anything specific in the pairing menu when I can.