Are the Cradle Wars coming.....?

Mojoman

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose the pork will end up being called and then BB will have to close because of a social distancing issue etc etc....

Edited by Mojoman

A bunch of uncouth schmucks! The group riders (illegal) down Cedar towards Lanseria and the vehicles, with bikes on racks, racing (speeding - illegal) to get to their departure point because they are most probably late. No doubt taking up a parking wherever they feel entitled too. Not some random incidents either; it's a regular occurrence and has gotten progressively worse.

...again. I remember the last round of the Cradle wars with thumbtacks strewn on the road, road rage all over the place. Shouting matches with the residents...

Such a complete own-goal and ruins the best riding route in the whole city for everyone.

I suppose the pork will end up being called and then BB will have to close because of a social distancing issue etc etc....

I was at BB 2 weekends ago and must say how disappointed i was to see the lack of social distancing as well as the non wearing of masks. It looked as though everybody was back to pre-lockdown living their best lives.

When you even glance at somebody "not" wearing their mask especially in close proximity of food and other people. you get this piercing stare.

You correct it will be a few people that eventually spoil it for the rest of us. Very sad

After riding through the cradle yesterday, it's only a matter of time...

Everyone is all over the place, with little to no consideration for others.

To that large organised group in yellow and black, your follow vehicle was the most inconsiderate idiot I have ever seen. He was drifting into the opposite lane on the way to the caves and we had to go almost into the opposite cycling lane to safely pass...

To that large organised group in yellow and black, your follow vehicle was the most inconsiderate idiot I have ever seen. He was drifting into the opposite lane on the way to the caves and we had to go almost into the opposite cycling lane to safely pass...

Yep agreed,

However wait until the first warm days of spring. If it's like this now then it's going to be mental then. I am avoiding it on those days.

But it will die down again after the flurry and the novelty has worn off in about 6 months. Until then its the new novelty.

Ride earlier as well. the crowds arent out there then.

We have the same problem at the Eden Forest gate in Stellenbosch.

Some Amoebas keep on parking in front of the Main-gate used by forestry and other municipal authorities.

Mostly Hyundai H-1 drivers for some reason, packed with rugrats

When you try to point out to them the  issue at hand, you get turned into a Toad...

I'm not sure if all are aware of what may have caused the spike in congestion and rider this past weekend?

A virtual race called the "Cradle Cracker" took place from Bidon Bistro:

https://www.wannado.co.za/cradle-cracker

We cycled past around 7:30am and saw the chaos ensuing! It would be great to see more responsible organisation of these events, not only due to Social Distancing necessities but also for the residents of the Cradle. 

The Cradle is somewhat of a cycling Mecca to Johannesburg residents and we should respect all players involved. I agree with the statements here about the disregard for others...don't spoil this guys! Remember the days of Stage 5 and indoor training and cast some mindfulness for us all!

I'm not sure if all are aware of what may have caused the spike in congestion and rider this past weekend?

A virtual race called the "Cradle Cracker" took place from Bidon Bistro:

https://www.wannado.co.za/cradle-cracker

We cycled past around 7:30am and saw the chaos ensuing! It would be great to see more responsible organisation of these events, not only due to Social Distancing necessities but also for the residents of the Cradle. 

The Cradle is somewhat of a cycling Mecca to Johannesburg residents and we should respect all players involved. I agree with the statements here about the disregard for others...don't spoil this guys! Remember the days of Stage 5 and indoor training and cast some mindfulness for us all!

I believe SA Cycling prohibited time-slots for these type of events. You are only allowed a Start and finish time.