Beginner MTB routes

IROSSOUW

Hi there, can anybody please give suggestions for easy MTB routes in the Durbanville/Bellville area.. its for a day off work as well, so scenic will be great but not a necessity. Thank you!!

Hi there, can anybody please give suggestions for easy MTB routes in the Durbanville/Bellville area.. its for a day off work as well, so scenic will be great but not a necessity. Thank you!!

Hi. Meerendal is nice for beginners

However i think you need to be a tygerberg MTB club member. Not sure if they open for day passes yet.

For fairly new rider, where would you folks suggest to ride tomorrow after todays rains in cape town area?

Or the terrain be abit too dodge ?

A meerandal route or a tokai trail?

My advice would be to let the trails drain/dry a touch before smashing them.

Either or though

Ok then i wont risk it by going tomorrow morning

Thanks

For fairly new rider, where would you folks suggest to ride tomorrow after todays rains in cape town area?

Or the terrain be abit too dodge ?

A meerandal route or a tokai trail?

I'm not Cpt based, but just a few things to remember about MTB's and rain:

1. Mud requires a decent clean after the ride, the gunk can cause increased ware and tare so just make sure you look after your equipment;
  2. Most decent quality tyres are OK in the wet, some better than others but no reason to stay off the bike;
  3. Beware of rocks and roots in the rain, I have seen rocks turn into skating arena's!! 
  4. Certain tracks/venues do not drain well, riding too soon after the rain does cause erosion which stuffs up the track, so better to leave these for a bit later;

Enjoy!!

Just update, had awesome day out at Bloemendal MTB trails, trail wasnt soaked or flooded, some mushy mud in few spots but not bad at all. :thumbup:

Bike however needs a good wash and lube now :whistling: