Saris H3 disconnecting through a ride

Eastieman

Just bought a Saris Hammer 3 and find it disconnects from my computer during rides. Has the happened to anyone else ? 

Are you using Ant+ or Bluetooth ?

If Ant+, get a USB extender and get the sensor close to the trainer.

My trainer is located in another room. I used to have a similar issue when using a Bluetooth 2.0 dongle. I changed to  a Bluetooth 4.0 dongle seems to work a lot better. I have not tried Ant+

Hi, congratulations on the purchase of your Saris H3.

Please can you confirm what software you are using and what device the software is installed on and then finally how the trainer is connected ie an ANT+ connection or Bluetooth connection.

Please can you confirm what software you are using and what device the software is installed on and then finally how the trainer is connected ie an ANT+ connection or Bluetooth connection.

In addition to the above, what wifi are you using, 2,4 or 5ghz? 

My H1 had issues when I was using 2,4ghz on bluetooth.

Also, how many other connections have you got around the unit? Things like bluetooth keyboards, headphones etc.

Are you using Ant+ or Bluetooth ?

If Ant+, get a USB extender and get the sensor close to the trainer.

Using Bluetooth 

Using Bluetooth 

If you using BLE on a PC this can cause problems. It is recommended to use an ANT+ USB for PC's.

Please share more info on the software and device that the software is installed on. 

Using Zwift on windows 10 and the Hammer has the latest firmware - 31.062

Trainer is connected via Bluetooth 

In addition to the above, what wifi are you using, 2,4 or 5ghz? 

My H1 had issues when I was using 2,4ghz on bluetooth.

Also, how many other connections have you got around the unit? Things like bluetooth keyboards, headphones etc.

2,4. Have a JBL speaker over Bluetooth and crank arm power meter that automatically is on. 

Using Zwift on windows 10 and the Hammer has the latest firmware - 31.062

Trainer is connected via Bluetooth 

For this set up my recommendation would be an ANT+ USB else see if your WiFi can be configured for 5GHZ. This would need to be done on your WiFi router. 

Below is a link to a pretty helpful article on what to look out for and what changes can be made to avoid signal dropouts. 

https://perfprostudio.com/webhelp/studio/index.htm?page=Interference.html