Ciovita inconsistent sizes

DMJ

Bought a Ciovita large olivia long sleeve jersey. It fits me perfectly.

Was so impressed I bought the luna long sleeve in large. It has exactly the same size guide and looks exactly the same but for the colour.

It is too small, despite me having actually lost 5kg in the last month. Annoyingly the top is short and pulls up towards my belly button. I am only 1.79m and in good shape.

Why are their sizes / QC so inconsistent?

I am going to contact them to process a return but I am disappointed having waited a whole week for online delivery.

Be aware that they seem to have consistency issues. And they are not cheap.

Edited by DMJ

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some are from different ranges, have different cuts. On a few, they do say in the description that they are a smaller fit.

But if they are from the same line, then they need to sort you out.

I have three tops from the same range, same size, inconsistent fit.

Same with two bibs.

They're just s**T and I won't any more of their products. Simple as that.

Also bought their gear bag. Its falling apart. really, should have just bought a BLS bag. Lesson learned and been stung many times by their crap quality now. Fortunately I bought the bibs at the same time and the bag at Argus. The tops are part of the goodie bag from various events.

I'd rather get a discount on the entry fee than have to pay for a Ciovita top I going to hate.

Oh and the arms are different lengths to on the W2W tops :(

Same with two bibs.

Also bought their gear bag. Its falling apart. really, should have just bought a BLS bag. Lesson learned and been stung many times by their crap quality now. Fortunately I bought the bibs at the same time and the bag at Argus. The tops are part of the goodie bag from various events.

I'd rather get a discount on the entry fee than have to pay for a Ciovita top I going to hate.

The arms are different lengths? Man now that I have never seen.

I have to agree on fit fluctuations.

I have a few of their race cut jerseys.

Last one I ordered I had to send back for replacement because the left sleeve was so tight I could not get my arm through it.

The right was fine.

I actually measured them out and there was a good 4cm difference in circumference.

Anyway, exchange was quick and their stuff serves me well.

I'll still buy, I shop the sales.

Makes them good value for money

Same with two bibs.

What kit would you recommend in the same price range as Ciovita ?

I’m looking for new bibs, need to buy a few, and am waiting for some good specials.

I’m looking for new bibs, need to buy a few, and am waiting for some good specials.

Have you looked at Vye cycling kit ?

VyeCycling is pretty good. They've done quite a few sets for myself and our club. Fit is consistent and the quality is good. The bibs are more snug across the stomach but comfortable.

Morvelo is quite good too but probably in a price range next level up.

Bicyclegear.co.za is pretty consistent too.

I picked up some kit from Xciter.co.za as well. They have a house brand with a fit I like too. (They'e in WaterFall, Midrand but have a webstore)

I don't have multiple examples of other local brands to compare unfortunately.

What really broke the camels back with Ciovita is when i had a chat with one of their sales peeps at the EXPO and mentioned the inconsistent sizing and uneven arm circumference and lengths I was told in a snooty condescending tone that I'm the only person out of thousands to mention this.

#Ciovitadeadtome.

I had one instance of a one top in a Vye order being sized incorrectly. I took it back they apologised and explained what happened and made a new top to replace the incorrectly sized one. They delivered the corrected top. Now that's service.

Bought a Ciovita large olivia long sleeve jersey. It fits me perfectly.

Was so impressed I bought the luna long sleeve in large. It has exactly the same size guide and looks exactly the same but for the colour.

It is too small, despite me having actually lost 5kg in the last month. Annoyingly the top is short and pulls up towards my belly button. I am only 1.79m and in good shape.

Why are their sizes / QC so inconsistent?

I am going to contact them to process a return but I am disappointed having waited a whole week for online delivery.

Be aware that they seem to have consistency issues. And they are not cheap.

the problem with Ciovita is their sizes are very small - I normally wear L - XL, with their cuts i have to go XXXL - I have 5 of their jerseys all the same cut and they all fit differently - I have a set of Bibs which fit me perfect when i ordered and additional 2 sets the shoulder straps were so short it felt like my shoulders were being pulled down to my feet.

In their defense, when i spoke to them about it they sent a courier to fetch them and fixed the problem and sent them back all done free of charge

Now I never buy kit online anymore - LBS who stock their kit normally are the same price so i first try it on before i buy

Their kit looks good but consistency is a big deal and I hate having to deal with returns on products.

Will rather look at another brand when I need new kit.

mmm, some polarized opinions opinions indeed. I have a few of their jerseys and I have also found some variances - their gillets are nice though, as are the undershirts.

Have one bib, which is okay, low cut in front front though - so doesn't flatten the tummy silhouette if you get me.

The brand is growing though, concerning to hear about the negative response mentioned, but often, you just get the "wrong" person though which can be quite brand damaging.

If same style and the sizing chart is the same, the fit should be the same otherwise they should sort it out.

I have a few race fit jerseys. Doesn't work for me. I've happily moved on.

Enjoy and VYE now my go to!

If same style and the sizing chart is the same, the fit should be the same otherwise they should sort it out.

I have a few race fit jerseys. Doesn't work for me. I've happily moved on.

Enjoy and VYE now my go to!

Ah yes Enjoy!

I have a few of their tops too. Sizing is good. Quality also good.

Not to labour the point on ciovita inconsistency but I laid out the tops I have. One is race fit and is good fit for me but stitching for pockets is coming undone.

w2w gravel and Grape x2 and greytescape tops all same sports cut all fit differently with the w2w top the most lose (all size small) and the arms are different size on one G&G top so that's 2 of them. The best fitting and least flawed is the Greytescape top.

The w2w and G&G tops were produced at least 8months apart so it's not a batch issue.