Ciovita inconsistent sizes

DMJ

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only ordered one item from them - an Espresso LS top - and although it fits my arms perfectly, it’s super short around the torso, to the point that it keeps annoyingly hiking up whenever I lift my arms up ????

Inconsistent sizing is just poor craftsmanship.

It would be interesting to know if they have an in house cmt team or if they use an existing team say, part of the Bold gear work force or the old Elzet group? Is it even stitched here?

You can have the best fabric and the best designs, but if your sewing is sloppy, seam allowance not cut/used correctly or it's stitched on the stretch, you will always have issues.

Vye is excellent. I like that not everything is branded with massive try hard logo's. I hate it when something has an awesome colour and/or design but then lights you up like a flashing brand billboard.

Enjoy is rad too but the bibs don't fit me. The straps are too short but I am oddly shaped. 

Dunno, if you're going to make a big song and dance about how trendy and tech your garments are without having a decent QC, you will generate good 1st and second sales, but you will need to keep generating these sales as people will stop coming back consistently for number 3, 4, 5 and 26

The vye stuff looks nice. Can't see the detail of the fabric though

they use various fabrics for different styles of jersey. Some have a lycra front panel, others use the breathable fabric throughout.

We use them and have our "own" cut. Its a little smaller than normal sizes but found the quality better than some of the other brands we have used in the past.

I have a few tops from Ciovita and don't have any issues with size although I find their long sleeves are really long but I found that in other brands as well. I have the Contego Jacket and although somewhat expensive for local, man, it fits great and is warm as toast on a cold winter morning...the two way zip is great too...pity there are no rear pockets but side zipped ones are ok for phone and keys...

• 4 weeks later...

As the OP I must give feedback on the great service I have received from Ciovita since getting in touch with them.

They explained that because their garments are hand sown, it is possible that from time to time there might be an anomaly with the fit of a particular garment. Fair enough.

They uplifted the incorrectly sized garment at their expense and replaced it with a very nice long sleeve top, which I am completely impressed and satisfied with.

In addition, we had mentioned that one of my other tops (the Olivia) had two holes in it following a fall on some gravel (my fault). Ciovita offered to repair it and they have done so at their expense, including the necessary courier charges.

It is rare these days to get such brilliant customer service, so I must commend them for that! They have gone above and beyond what I expected.

I will have confidence buying from them in future, knowing that any issues will be sorted out.

Bought a Ciovita large olivia long sleeve jersey. It fits me perfectly.

Was so impressed I bought the luna long sleeve in large. It has exactly the same size guide and looks exactly the same but for the colour.

It is too small, despite me having actually lost 5kg in the last month. Annoyingly the top is short and pulls up towards my belly button. I am only 1.79m and in good shape.

Why are their sizes / QC so inconsistent?

I am going to contact them to process a return but I am disappointed having waited a whole week for online delivery.

Be aware that they seem to have consistency issues. And they are not cheap.

As the OP I must give feedback on the great service I have received from Ciovita since getting in touch with them.

They explained that because their garments are hand sown, it is possible that from time to time there might be an anomaly with the fit of a particular garment. Fair enough.

They uplifted the incorrectly sized garment at their expense and replaced it with a very nice long sleeve top, which I am completely impressed and satisfied with.

In addition, we had mentioned that one of my other tops (the Olivia) had two holes in it following a fall on some gravel (my fault). Ciovita offered to repair it and they have done so at their expense, including the necessary courier charges.

It is rare these days to get such brilliant customer service, so I must commend them for that! They have gone above and beyond what I expected.

I will have confidence buying from them in future, knowing that any issues will be sorted out.

the way I see it is stuff happens, its the way the company deals with fixing the stuff that makes or breaks things.

Nice feedback, makes me more confident to purchase Ciovita kit again.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought some bibs less than a year ago. The seam at the back unstitched .....embarrassing!!

Did you notify Ciovita and see if they could assist? 

Every time i've had an issue with their gear they are more than willing to go the extra mile to assist and make it right.

Edited by slickjay007

Recently bought a LS shirt during the OneDayOnly sale. Sizing chart showed a Medium, but my wife just laughed when I put it on. Emailed Coivita and they told me to speak to ODO. ODO didnt have a size Large for me to swop out. Coivita then said they can possibly exchange but I would need to post/ courier it to their offices. I rather returned it for a refund.

Recently bought a LS shirt during the OneDayOnly sale. Sizing chart showed a Medium, but my wife just laughed when I put it on. Emailed Coivita and they told me to speak to ODO. ODO didnt have a size Large for me to swop out. Coivita then said they can possibly exchange but I would need to post/ courier it to their offices. I rather returned it for a refund.

I had a similar experience, but was able to go to Ciovita and swap it out.

I'm kinda happy and sad to see this post. Happy that I'm not alone in my frustration, and sad that such a great brand is being apparently very inconsistent in their dealings with customers. I also got a snooty response like the one guy wrote, and am saddened that it comes down seemingly to 'whoever you get to deal with for the day' kinda feel, like the other guy wrote. I bought the top-of-the-range bib. Tried it on in medium, then rather chose the large. Back at home, rode with it probably 20 mins, realising my R3500 bought me a too long garment. I took it off and asked if they may be able to assist me in altering the garment, as I thought me using it, albeit very short, would make it an used item. I just need some help, I'm a shortie with a fat ol, um, whatever and am thinking, if anyone, they should be able to help me or assit, or point in the right direction as to where it can be altered. Got a very nice reply, saying I'm basically stuffed, sorry for your loss, and feel free to shop with us again. I find it hard to believe they can't point me in the right direction? Its frustrating because I have an even more expensive Assos bib in large, fits perfectly. Wanted to support these guys, but not so sure anymore. DO I really now have to shop elsewhere, find a new brand? Aarg. Anyways, if any of you okes know an amazing seamstress/taylor, who might have the skills to alter ever so slightly, a bib, pls drop me the info. I'm in western cape btw. Rant over....

Anyways, if any of you okes know an amazing seamstress/taylor, who might have the skills to alter ever so slightly, a bib, pls drop me the info. I'm in western cape btw. Rant over....

HowzitSports used to be very helpful with this sort of thing but I think they have sadly closed their doors.

You could try one of the other local manufacturer.

These come to mind: Rapid; Enjoy; Vye

I'm kinda happy and sad to see this post. Happy that I'm not alone in my frustration, and sad that such a great brand is being apparently very inconsistent in their dealings with customers. I also got a snooty response like the one guy wrote, and am saddened that it comes down seemingly to 'whoever you get to deal with for the day' kinda feel, like the other guy wrote. I bought the top-of-the-range bib. Tried it on in medium, then rather chose the large. Back at home, rode with it probably 20 mins, realising my R3500 bought me a too long garment. I took it off and asked if they may be able to assist me in altering the garment, as I thought me using it, albeit very short, would make it an used item. I just need some help, I'm a shortie with a fat ol, um, whatever and am thinking, if anyone, they should be able to help me or assit, or point in the right direction as to where it can be altered. Got a very nice reply, saying I'm basically stuffed, sorry for your loss, and feel free to shop with us again. I find it hard to believe they can't point me in the right direction? Its frustrating because I have an even more expensive Assos bib in large, fits perfectly. Wanted to support these guys, but not so sure anymore. DO I really now have to shop elsewhere, find a new brand? Aarg. Anyways, if any of you okes know an amazing seamstress/taylor, who might have the skills to alter ever so slightly, a bib, pls drop me the info. I'm in western cape btw. Rant over....

Speak to Andrew on the Hub, from Anatomic.

Surely a strange request to ask one firm to alter clothing from another .... but just maybe Andrew can assist, or at least point you to somebody that can help

hand sown.....

That's interesting as I've never seen hand stitching that uniform (meaning its not hand sown but via machine like everyone else. Hand cut panels are common but the printed panels should have alignment marks and if the seamer got it wrong it will be quickly picked up by the QC....