Ciovita inconsistent sizes

DMJ

Did you notify Ciovita and see if they could assist? 

Every time i've had an issue with their gear they are more than willing to go the extra mile to assist and make it right.

I did not bother, my wife stitched it. Unfortunately I will now look elsewhere for kit.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda happy and sad to see this post. Happy that I'm not alone in my frustration, and sad that such a great brand is being apparently very inconsistent in their dealings with customers. I also got a snooty response like the one guy wrote, and am saddened that it comes down seemingly to 'whoever you get to deal with for the day' kinda feel, like the other guy wrote. I bought the top-of-the-range bib. Tried it on in medium, then rather chose the large. Back at home, rode with it probably 20 mins, realising my R3500 bought me a too long garment. I took it off and asked if they may be able to assist me in altering the garment, as I thought me using it, albeit very short, would make it an used item. I just need some help, I'm a shortie with a fat ol, um, whatever and am thinking, if anyone, they should be able to help me or assit, or point in the right direction as to where it can be altered. Got a very nice reply, saying I'm basically stuffed, sorry for your loss, and feel free to shop with us again. I find it hard to believe they can't point me in the right direction? Its frustrating because I have an even more expensive Assos bib in large, fits perfectly. Wanted to support these guys, but not so sure anymore. DO I really now have to shop elsewhere, find a new brand? Aarg. Anyways, if any of you okes know an amazing seamstress/taylor, who might have the skills to alter ever so slightly, a bib, pls drop me the info. I'm in western cape btw. Rant over....

Still a better response than I got from the importer of a certain bib that has a lifetime warranty on it.

Knowing my bib was well used I wasnt asking for a replacement when the chamois came lose, all I wanted was to know whether the chamois could be replaced or should I buy a new bib.

Never even got an acknowledgement of email, let alone a response. 

hand sown.....

That's interesting as I've never seen hand stitching that uniform (meaning its not hand sown but via machine like everyone else. Hand cut panels are common but the printed panels should have alignment marks and if the seamer got it wrong it will be quickly picked up by the QC....

*sewn

I did not bother, my wife stitched it. Unfortunately I will now look elsewhere for kit.

Bud then don't expect anything to happen if you don't speak up....just saying.

If you don't give them the opportunity to rectify the issue then unfortunately no lessons will be learnt by Ciovita. I always believe in giving a brand feedback so that they can learn and better their product.

Edited by slickjay007

I haven't read the whole thread, but have also had size fluctuation. With so-called top brands, 2XU jumps to mind.

However, we as a training group have recently (on two occasions) bought custom cycling kits from SISU.

Now that is a top brand. Great bibs and super quality tops. Sizing spot on!

Highly recommended.

Yeah, no love from Ciovita. Vye clothing came to the party for me, affirmed it being an easy fix. I was really not asking for much, shorten the shoulder straps, shorten the legs a wee bit, no problem. I know where my hard earned cash will go from now on. I am now at piece(this one for Jewbacca).

I'm kinda happy and sad to see this post. Happy that I'm not alone in my frustration, and sad that such a great brand is being apparently very inconsistent in their dealings with customers. I also got a snooty response like the one guy wrote, and am saddened that it comes down seemingly to 'whoever you get to deal with for the day' kinda feel, like the other guy wrote. I bought the top-of-the-range bib. Tried it on in medium, then rather chose the large. Back at home, rode with it probably 20 mins, realising my R3500 bought me a too long garment. I took it off and asked if they may be able to assist me in altering the garment, as I thought me using it, albeit very short, would make it an used item. I just need some help, I'm a shortie with a fat ol, um, whatever and am thinking, if anyone, they should be able to help me or assit, or point in the right direction as to where it can be altered. Got a very nice reply, saying I'm basically stuffed, sorry for your loss, and feel free to shop with us again. I find it hard to believe they can't point me in the right direction? Its frustrating because I have an even more expensive Assos bib in large, fits perfectly. Wanted to support these guys, but not so sure anymore. DO I really now have to shop elsewhere, find a new brand? Aarg. Anyways, if any of you okes know an amazing seamstress/taylor, who might have the skills to alter ever so slightly, a bib, pls drop me the info. I'm in western cape btw. Rant over....

The guys next to Vida Constantia Village are pretty good  I have sent kit to them before.

I personally like the Ciovita stuff, all I requested a few years ago were some brighter colours which they now have. I bought a couple of tops today but went to the store to try on.

• 8 months later...

Ive been quite frustrated with their online store service. They sold me an item that wasn't in stock, two weeks later still waiting for a refund, literally no emails or communications, i constantly have to call them and hear "im sorry"

I have also had inconsistent sizing issues with ciovita. I also rode with the bib and realised after half an hour how uncomfortable I was in my new bib. Careful scrutiny after ride showed that they were shorter than my existing pair or XL bibs and tighter in the crotch. Didn't bother taking back because I anticipated the "you've worn it so". I only use this smaller bib for short rides indoors now. More cautious to buy bibs there again although I love the three tops I bought. 

Believe me the best value for money and top quality is Monton. The bibs are superb and sizing is consistent.Just a warning the sizes are Asian so up size. Try Northcliff cycles they stock.