Ciovita inconsistent sizes

DMJ

On 8/15/2020 at 8:53 PM, Jewbacca said:

Inconsistent sizing is just poor craftsmanship.

It would be interesting to know if they have an in house cmt team or if they use an existing team say, part of the Bold gear work force or the old Elzet group? Is it even stitched here?

You can have the best fabric and the best designs, but if your sewing is sloppy, seam allowance not cut/used correctly or it's stitched on the stretch, you will always have issues.

Vye is excellent. I like that not everything is branded with massive try hard logo's. I hate it when something has an awesome colour and/or design but then lights you up like a flashing brand billboard.

Enjoy is rad too but the bibs don't fit me. The straps are too short but I am oddly shaped. 

Dunno, if you're going to make a big song and dance about how trendy and tech your garments are without having a decent QC, you will generate good 1st and second sales, but you will need to keep generating these sales as people will stop coming back consistently for number 3, 4, 5 and 26

Vye baggy mtb shorts are AWESOME *****stars.

The bibs, however, are very SHORT in the torso and mine are too tight to wear.  I am an XL, even in italian "race fit" and never had a problem with sizing, EXCEPT for vye.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, nonky said:

Vye baggy mtb shorts are AWESOME *****stars.

The bibs, however, are very SHORT in the torso and mine are too tight to wear.  I am an XL, even in italian "race fit" and never had a problem with sizing, EXCEPT for vye.

I on the other like that Vye is shorter in the torso because a bib is supposed to be supportive so having lose fitting bib straps negates the purpose of bibs (to keep your chamois in your crotch.

They have also made improvements to the Mirage and Velo Race bibs, the former receiving a longer cuff  and Velo Race some panel shape changes with improved gripper.

5 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I on the other like that Vye is shorter in the torso because a bib is supposed to be supportive so having lose fitting bib straps negates the purpose of bibs (to keep your chamois in your crotch.

They have also made improvements to the Mirage and Velo Race bibs, the former receiving a longer cuff  and Velo Race some panel shape changes with improved gripper.

You are right, of course, we are all shaped differently. I was irritated because I engaged with them regarding the sizing (before and after) and their attitude was " it will stretch to fit". 

2 minutes ago, nonky said:

You are right, of course, we are all shaped differently. I was irritated because I engaged with them regarding the sizing (before and after) and their attitude was " it will stretch to fit". 

strange. When I bought mine I initially bought the wrong size, I engaged with them and they happily swapped it out for me.

9 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I also prefer the shorter torso as it sits under my boep rather than over, makes bathroom breaks easier too.

Slight different issue with my Ciovita bib ....

The chammy has a thick padded section, and then a single layer along the side.  After 15 to 20 km the thin section rolls "in" and forms a hard ridge that really hurts .... except you dont notice it immediately.

The saddle feels uncomfortable, but you dont immediately figure out what is wrong.

Checked the setup and saddle with 100km ride yesterday, with a basic First Accent pants.  PERFECT.  Sure, mild saddle discomfort after three hours .. normal for a casual weekend rider.  More importantly, NO lasting discomfort or pain after the ride.

Not even sure if it is worth speaking to Ciovita .... is this somethey can fix on a 6-month old bib that have been used maybe 10 times ?

2 minutes ago, ouzo said:

I also prefer the shorter torso as it sits under my boep rather than over, makes bathroom breaks easier too.

Okay, that answers that ... so I also got the short torso ... :whistling:

3 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Slight different issue with my Ciovita bib ....

The chammy has a thick padded section, and then a single layer along the side.  After 15 to 20 km the thin section rolls "in" and forms a hard ridge that really hurts .... except you dont notice it immediately.

The saddle feels uncomfortable, but you dont immediately figure out what is wrong.

Checked the setup and saddle with 100km ride yesterday, with a basic First Accent pants.  PERFECT.  Sure, mild saddle discomfort after three hours .. normal for a casual weekend rider.  More importantly, NO lasting discomfort or pain after the ride.

Not even sure if it is worth speaking to Ciovita .... is this somethey can fix on a 6-month old bib that have been used maybe 10 times ?

Same experience with that hard ridge. On the IDT it actually caused a painful saddle sore for me. 

I also find that the cut around the jibleys is odd. Sometimes the marbles will climb over each other causing some discomfort while pedaling. 

2 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Same experience with that hard ridge. On the IDT it actually caused a painful saddle sore for me. 

I also find that the cut around the jibleys is odd. Sometimes the marbles will climb over each other causing some discomfort while pedaling. 

In December this had my bumm so sore that I could not ride for some time ....

Bought a new saddle ... and chased myself in circles for a while.  It was only early February when I realised what it was. 

Also got the idea their tops are different, i fit the race versions of two different tops, same style, same design, different colours, one was tight one wasnt.

Love their kit but sizing is out.