Where to buy Epoxy Spray Paint for custom paint work.

Matuka

Hi so I have a carbon frame that I want to repaint. Obviously the best bet is to get it professionally done but the quotes Ive got have all been way too expensive for me now. They have all been between R3500- R5000 and I dont have that kind of money so its not an option at all. I have seen some good online DIY videos and am keen to have a go myself. The only problem is finding epoxy spray paint. Builders have a few cans of rustoleum appliance epoxy but the range is very limited. Does anyone know of a place in gauteng that actually has a good selection or even if there is an online option?

Thanks in advance!

go to a car body workshop. some of them are able to mix 2k paints and put them in cans for you.

plascon makes a system. example:

http://www.joesauto.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/TouchUp-Brochure.pdf

https://www.joesauto.co.za

I would second this.

I did a frame with Canned 2k paints from an auto body shop. For the base coat i just used rustoleum primer and paints - with the 2k stuff just as 3-4 layers of clear coat. (has to be used within 24 hours of mixing)

...worked very well!

Little tip - Letting the can sit in some warm water for a few minutes really gets the viscosity perfect to prevent bigger droplet splattering for a nice fine spray.

I would second this.

I did a frame with Canned 2k paints from an auto body shop. For the base coat i just used rustoleum primer and paints - with the 2k stuff just as 3-4 layers of clear coat. (has to be used within 24 hours of mixing)

...worked very well!

Little tip - Letting the can sit in some warm water for a few minutes really gets the viscosity perfect to prevent bigger droplet splattering for a nice fine spray.

pro tip for any canned paint. Been doing this for years

Great tips thanks all. There are a few body shops around blairgowrie I'll try them out! I was originally looking for spray cans but the range is so limited. I have access to a spray gun though so this is the ticket!

pro tip for any canned paint. Been doing this for years