NTT Pro Cycling name 2020 Tour de France team

Nick

"Africa's Team" 

Well i hope they at least got the bikes out

29 Jun 2018

SuperSport has today joined Team Dimension Data as media partner, officially supporting the team’s quest for Vision 2020.

At the unveiling of Vision 2020, which incorporates three main goals – getting an African rider to win the Tour de France in 2020; helping Qhubeka distribute 100 000 bicycles; and, Mark Cavendish breaking the Tour de France’s record of total stage wins 

t is unlikely that any of the sprinters will win a stage at the Tour...They just do not have the quality to compete with the real top sprinters imo. 

Perhaps NTT's best chance for success would be to fully support Nizzolo to compete for the green jersey.

He is a one of the most consistent sprinters in the field, an climb a bit and has won the points competition previously at  the Giro so I reckon with sufficient dedicated support he might just stand a chance. 

getting an African rider to win the Tour de France in 2020; 

talk about pressure on Gibbons...

And Nizzolo has just won the Italian National Champs...

That's great.

Hope he carries some of that form into the TDF. NTT deserves some TDF success.

• 3 weeks later...

We just have not produced any GC riders... mostly as our real grass root level of sport BMX racing is not really supported well enough in SA. Want to produce more riders that could one day win tours and big classics? Easy get them racing early, bike skills early... with BMX Racing! not having 11yr olds trying to ride heavy MTB's which BTW... the power to weight ratio is a joke!

I wish Qhubeka a while back looked a little broader and focused on grassroot cycling like BMX racing, maybe then we could expect a bigger crop of riders going big. I mean years and years are passing by and we only produce 2 riders to ride in the TDF? Come on thats a failed system and a broken system that needs an overhaul, but yeah CSA is half the problem.