SRAM Mechanical Road 1x13 (hack)

shaper

Taken off a Trainerroad thread

Looks interesting, especially for those who seem keen on 1x for the road

Here is what you would need.

1. Sram Shifters from Dirk. (90 Euros for the modified guts so maybe a little more for the guts and brake levers)
  2. Sram 1x Rear derailleur (Long Cage: CX1, Rival1, Apex1) (anywhere from $50-$150)
  3. Sram XDR Driver (Sram’s freehub for their newer AXS stuff) (around $70)
  4. Sram Force AXS 12 speed 10-33 or 10-36 cassette (around $175)
  5. Fouriers Extender or other extender. (around $40)
  6. Sram AXS chain or other Sram/KMC 12 speed chain (yes you can use a non AXS chain on AXS cassettes) $30
Edited by shaper

hopefully this will finally convince the doubters that it's only the shifter that dictates how far a derailleur travels with every click and that a mechanical derailleur is - and always has been - a slave to what a shifter tells it to do lol

Why franken-builders have been able to mix and match shifters/derailleur speeds for years on mtb's

cool hack. 100% would try.

someone should buy some of Dirk's shifters and reverse engineer the internals and sell the tech in kit form...before sram/shimano does. OR maybe Dirk actually works for sram's skunkworks department and this was all planned as real world trials.