Gravel biking in Cape Town

Bub Marley

Don't get the gravel bike. You will be disappointed.

You have to have a certain mindset to ride a gravel bike.

I would get a gravel bike but only as my 3rd bike.

I think it depends on where you live and ease of access to different routes. Horses for courses.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gravel all the way. Recently came into a deal on a frame and took the plunge. They very very capable machines on both road and dirt. It doesn't replace my dual sus but its making a compelling argument to flog my road bike. There are loads of places to ride gravel around CT. Some better suited than others. If you happy to venture a bit into the country the gravel roads are world class. 

I've moved to JHB for a few weeks and brought the Gravel bike with. Having grown up here (been in CT 10 years) I think a gravel bike is the ultimate tool for Jozi. Easily move between the pavements and roads. Also the spruit is the perfect terrain for a gravel bike. 

Looking to the future I see most opting for one bike with two sets of wheels/tyres for road and gravel plus a dual sus of course :)