Why does the classifieds spam your email with pointless updates on ads you favourited?

Skylark

Why does the classifieds spam your email with pointless updates... an ad you favourited has been deleted/sold/expired?

Who cares if it expired, I just want to be able to favourite items in case I need to find them again.

Is there a way to stop this madness??

Edited by Skylark

Why does the classifieds spam your email with pointless updates... an ad you favourited has been deleted/sold/expired?

Who cares if it expired, I just want to be able to favourite items in case I need to find them again.

Is there a way to stop this madness??

I again like the function

Go to: https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/settings

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2020-08-24 at 13.31.51.png

Untick the "Favourited Items" button. Click save.

Please let us know if it doesn't work. It's been a while since we tested it.

Mine was already unticked so it would appear it's not working?

What notification is "Marketplace Updates" supposed to send, maybe there's some crossover there.

I think it would also help to include an unsubscribe type of link in the notification email, because that was where I first looked.

What notification is "Marketplace Updates" supposed to send, maybe there's some crossover there.

I think it would also help to include an unsubscribe type of link in the notification email, because that was where I first looked.

Thanks. I'll take a look at this and fix it.

Ok. It's definitely a bug. We're working on the fix.

Disabling the Favourites notifications in Settings should work as expected now. If something still manages to get through, please let me know.

When we re-do our transactional email shortly, I'll also add a link as you suggested.

Thank you for reporting the issue.

Disabling the Favourites notifications in Settings should work as expected now. If something still manages to get through, please let me know.

When we re-do our transactional email shortly, I'll also add a link as you suggested.

Thank you for reporting the issue.

?

?

It's the term for all the notification type emails that get sent out. We've got a lot of different templates for them and they need some sprucing up

It's the term for all the notification type emails that get sent out. We've got a lot of different templates for them and they need some sprucing up

....pppffftt bloody tech people with your fancy talk