Race Report: 2020 Witfontein Funduro

Christofison

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally!!! This is exciting stuff.

I am sure there are plenty of accommodation spots available, check airbnb(provided it's allowed) usually some good spots for not that much money.

Thanks, just booked one which worked out a lot cheaper than camping would have been. Will you be there?

I'm expecting a fair bit of climbing! I've ridden the DH (10 years ago) and some of the trails closer to the Botanical gardens and its all pretty steep. 

Excited for a day of riding with some new peeps. My ticket is booked. Registered and Accommodation booked in Hartenbos Wednesday to Sunday, so the kids can play on the beach. Wont have time for a recon though. 

Any Ideas of which trails will be ridden (sneak peak on trail-forks)

I'm expecting a fair bit of climbing! I've ridden the DH (10 years ago) and some of the trails closer to the Botanical gardens and its all pretty steep. 

Excited for a day of riding with some new peeps. My ticket is booked. Registered and Accommodation booked in Hartenbos Wednesday to Sunday, so the kids can play on the beach. Wont have time for a recon though. 

Any Ideas of which trails will be ridden (sneak peak on trail-forks)

I'm so stoked to see so many guys from out of town signing up. I'll definitely have to do some route marking to make sure you guys don't take a wrong turn mid-stage.

1300m of climbing. The route is plotted on Trailforks, but not published. The Hillbillies employees still have a few trails to cut open, after the heavy winds. I'll drop the route here mid-September.

I'm so stoked to see so many guys from out of town signing up. I'll definitely have to do some route marking to make sure you guys don't take a wrong turn mid-stage.

1300m of climbing. The route is plotted on Trailforks, but not published. The Hillbillies employees still have a few trails to cut open, after the heavy winds. I'll drop the route here mid-September.

So kiff that someone is putting on some kind of event or thing.. Thanks for making it happen :) 

Thanks, just booked one which worked out a lot cheaper than camping would have been. Will you be there?

I think I may be on a road trip during that time but This does coincide with the return date so I may just see you there.

So stoked for this, especially after the EWS in Zermatt. Really in the mood for just something. Thanks you for organizing and making the effort for this to happen.

So stoked for this, especially after the EWS in Zermatt. Really in the mood for just something. Thanks you for organizing and making the effort for this to happen.

Well, hopefully It has better weather, although at this stage I will take anything! 

Well, hopefully It has better weather, although at this stage I will take anything! 

Was literally about to say the same thing.

It’s right in the middle of my preliminaries for matric so I’ll take anything. Rain, heat or snow. I just need a break before finals. ????

If only the forest still looked like this. It looks like the aftermath of a war zone at the moment. All the trees that burnt a couple years ago have since rotten, and the strong winds that rolled through several weeks ago just snapped most of the trees in half or completely uprooted them.

The trails are riding really nicely though. The Hillbillies MTB Club and trail running groups have been working really hard to open everything up.