Race Report: 2020 Witfontein Funduro

Christofison

Hey now, we were on Myles' arse like white on rice about coming though, but apparently we were too late in inviting some of the peeps (3 months was not enough notice :P).

And besides, race report from a DNF is an interesting perspective :D

HAHAHA

It's been a while since the righteous brigade spat their dummies!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like this was so much FUN

So sorry i missed it ....

But we would love to see you all in Hogsback in November... you won't regret it !!

Sounds like this was so much FUN

So sorry i missed it ....

But we would love to see you all in Hogsback in November... you won't regret it !!

Would dig to, but the timing of the event and distance from CT coupled with leave needing to be taken etc puts it out of reach for me unfortunately :(

Kendon Sharp? With the Allan Gray lycra? He dropped in after the last rider and quickly realised that neither his fingers nor his brakes were working. His words: "By God's grace there was a dude who had ripped off his gears (derailleur), so I had to walk down with him".

On closer inspection of his wife's bike later that day, I found that the entire fork lowers, front brake caliper & hub were completely covered in fork oil  :eek:  considering that he isn't I rider, I was actually super impressed when he made it all the way down Stage 5 on the e-bike we were using for route marking the day before.

Yes, that guy! We all owe him, hope he wasn't sick the next day.

• 8 months later...
On 10/2/2020 at 1:37 PM, Thermophage said:

Hey now, we were on Myles' arse like white on rice about coming though, but apparently we were too late in inviting some of the peeps (3 months was not enough notice :P). In his defence though, they has a trip postponed due to COVID so they had to reschedule and they did that early LD.

And besides, race report from a DNF is an interesting perspective :D

@Captain Fastbastard Mayhem here is your personal invite. You have 3 months and 1 day notice...NO EXCUSES!

Best weekend on the calendar! Last year Vic Bay was overhead, clean and uncrowded on the Sunday morning too.

If you can arrange that for us again this year please..........