Black Friday 2020?

Psyrax

I noticed Game and Makro are having a black friday month. Am curious to know whether we will even see a black friday this year, given the covid crisis. Wouldn't that be a little irresponsible of the retailers to cram so many people into their stores for one day?

The marketing guy from Pick n Pay was talking about this earlier in the week and saying they have gone for more deals every day during the week to try and alleviate big queues in the stores on any one day.

They'll still have some big specials on Friday but will try and manage the distances between people etc.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me or are we not seeing too many bike and bike part specials out there?
Been looking for some new tyres and a spare BB but I might as well wait till the new year by the looks of it...

Been looking for some new tyres and a spare BB but I might as well wait till the new year by the looks of it...

Also looking for new tyres. Prices stayed the same with only rrp that increased on " black Friday ads" .

I normally stock up on tubes and tyres on BF, but this year already seems disappointing thus far.

I know supply chains have been disrupted this year and the USDZAR has blow out, but this year seems like a non-event for bike shops.

Hope I'm wrong and we see a mega clearance sale on Friday  :clap:

I was in a bike shop last week and overheard a customer asking about any upcoming Black Friday specials.

There appeared to be a number of reasons as to why there won't be too many bicycle related Black Friday specials (suppliers dictate the items to be deeply discounted and they aren't forthcoming with too many deals, older stock would normally be discounted but this store wasn't holding too much stock as there had been a run on spares etc during lockdown and they didn't want to run at a loss just to make sales).

Buycycle has some tyre specials...but as for spare parts so far nothing to look forward to.

last year i used black friday to unsubscribe from mailing lists. it was painful as there were many it seemed. this year, from my inbox activity, I'm wondering if there is even a black friday this year

I've got black friday fatigue already, twice as much spam in my inbox every day, companies I've never heard of mailing me, companies I've last heard from a year ago spamming me.

No real specials I can see, and even if there was, no free budget to take up any offers.

post-1830-0-65834500-1606293403_thumb.png

last year i used black friday to unsubscribe from mailing lists. it was painful as there were many it seemed. this year, from my inbox activity, I'm wondering if there is even a black friday this year

i do that once a month. buying a house earlier this year got me on LOTS of stupid mailing lists

If you guys need kit, we've got some stupid cheap Black Friday deals at our Anatomic Joburg Factory Outlet... and if you're lucky enough to be an XS, then there is a whole big rack of tops for just R99
We're also already loading items to www.weardirect.co.za, so keep an eye on there... 
Lots of kit for up to 75% off  :thumbup:

If you guys need kit, we've got some stupid cheap Black Friday deals at our Anatomic Joburg Factory Outlet... and if you're lucky enough to be an XS, then there is a whole big rack of tops for just R99

We're also already loading items to www.weardirect.co.za, so keep an eye on there...

Lots of kit for up to 75% off :thumbup:

Lots of good deals there Andrew. Are sleeveless tops still a thing? "Check ma ink and ma guns Bru!"

Lots of good deals there Andrew. Are sleeveless tops still a thing? "Check ma ink and ma guns Bru!"

Haha... they are certainly not a thing in my view, but at that price they might just make a come back   :w00t:

Edited by Andrew Steer