Black Friday 2020?

Psyrax

Found Black Friday a very 'meh' experience this year. I'm renovating and have got better deals in the weeks leading up and in normal times.

I was also looking for a gravel bike today (budget R20K - R50K). Phoned 7 local CT shops and asked if they had any discounts on or special and each one pretty much said 'nope, but we can sell you a new 2021 one'. 

Think I'll hope online and get something from overseas at least they have some offers going on. 

Edited by Dirt Tracker

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Friday cookery...

Placed an order for sidi wire 2 that were marked at 2800.

Payment portal kept collapsing

Eventually it goes back to payment and price is nowR4800...

I guess I won't be shopping at A... Again.

Had to go to PnP this morning, popped in at the Lego shop in the centre .... got a couple of their BF emails .... WOW !!!!

People obviously used this opportunity to do some christmas shopping ....

Wont take them an hour to stock take on Monday ....

City ... sold out

Speed ... 2 models left, we already have these

Basic Technique ... sold out. .... was hoping for some mid level Technique .... nothing, nada, bogerall ....

Had to go to PnP this morning, popped in at the Lego shop in the centre .... got a couple of their BF emails .... WOW !!!!

People obviously used this opportunity to do some christmas shopping ....

Wont take them an hour to stock take on Monday ....

City ... sold out

Speed ... 2 models left, we already have these

Basic Technique ... sold out. .... was hoping for some mid level Technique .... nothing, nada, bogerall ....

The only lego set there i’m interested in is the largest set Lego ever made...that R18k star wars millennium falcon in the window lol. I will have it one day...

Edit: I stand corrected. The Roman colosseum is the new record holder at 9000 ish pieces. The Falcon in second place now at 7500 ish. Still...i want it, i want to lock myself in a room and spend a week building it. It will be glorious lol

Edited by morneS555

The only lego set there i’m interested in is the largest set Lego ever made...that R18k star wars millennium falcon in the window lol. I will have it one day...

Surprisingly the Star Wars shelves are still well stocked ....

Surprisingly the Star Wars shelves are still well stocked ....

The small sets suck. Im talking about the ultimate collector ones. The grown up legos lol. But yes, not sure there are too many mom and dads willing to drop R18 000 on a lego set fir boetie for xmas

The small sets suck. Im talking about the ultimate collector ones. The grown up legos lol. But yes, not sure there are too many mom and dads willing to drop R18 000 on a lego set fir boetie for xmas

Jip, same with the upper level Techniques ....

Though that front window is missing a few big boxes ...

Snoozzzz ... you lose....

Busy day at the office, only called them now .... no more stock of the Rekon 2.6 ....

The Spez 3.0 looks super nice .... wonder if it will fit ....

Some shops in JHB have Rekon 2.6, I could get and ship up to you if you want?

Don't expect anything spectacular Black Friday deals in cycling/general outdoors stuff overall. Besides taking as much, if not more strain as other industries through lockdown. There has been a worldwide boom in outdoor activities, especially cycling. 
With manufacturing taking a knock and scaling back on labour/resources, it's led to a global shortage in a lot of stuff and manufacturers are only talking about catching up to demand by 2022. 
One brand I spoke to have revised their stock down and had the factories readjust down again, upto 20%
They literally cannot tool up and meet demand.

Don't expect anything spectacular Black Friday deals in cycling/general outdoors stuff overall. Besides taking as much, if not more strain as other industries through lockdown. There has been a worldwide boom in outdoor activities, especially cycling. 

With manufacturing taking a knock and scaling back on labour/resources, it's led to a global shortage in a lot of stuff and manufacturers are only talking about catching up to demand by 2022. 

One brand I spoke to have revised their stock down and had the factories readjust down again, upto 20%

They literally cannot tool up and meet demand.

Same for the surf industry.

Boards are flying off the shelf and shapers world wide can't actually get stock of the raw materials needed to keep up with demand.

Epoxy, carbon cloth, alu, foam etc is super difficult to get as shipping avenues are affected, which affects the basic manufacturing along with staff cuts, which in turn needs to be shipped through the same infringed shipping lanes...... 

The cycle from the ground up is still broken, so while demand skyrockets, supply dwindles.

It must be hell for these factories seeing all the money they 'could' be making while people cry over empty shelves

So how many "we actually don't have stock of the item/s you bought and paid for" emails have you received.? :(

Yeah, I had this issue. Disappointing to say the least

Same for the surf industry.

Boards are flying off the shelf and shapers world wide can't actually get stock of the raw materials needed to keep up with demand.

Epoxy, carbon cloth, alu, foam etc is super difficult to get as shipping avenues are affected, which affects the basic manufacturing along with staff cuts, which in turn needs to be shipped through the same infringed shipping lanes...... 

The cycle from the ground up is still broken, so while demand skyrockets, supply dwindles.

It must be hell for these factories seeing all the money they 'could' be making while people cry over empty shelves

Ja, and it's all compounded by stringent pandemic protocols. One postive in a factory and CCP shut it down for full clean out and disinfection. 

Or like what happened on a shipment that arrived recently. During a crew transit one of the sailor crew tested positive. So upon arrival the ship and crew are quarantined at port. Another two week delay.

So how many "we actually don't have stock of the item/s you bought and paid for" emails have you received.? :(

None yet but one price change in my basket as I was checking out.....

Price went up +R2000-00

sent them a FU email