Biggest Chainring - Giant Trance 29er 2019

T_Boss

Recently got myself a Giant Trance 29er as a replacement for my stumpjumper. 

I was originally a bit upset that I couldnt get another stumpy due to stock shortages...... but all in, i actually feel I got an upgrade, and the Trance is an amazing short travel trail bike. 

My question though is can anyone confirm if a 34t chainring will fit on the trance. The 30 is hopelessly too small, as usual, but clearance on the rear chainstay is very minimal on this frame. Im sure a 32 would fit, but id prefer to go 34 if possible. 

Recently got myself a Giant Trance 29er as a replacement for my stumpjumper. 

I was originally a bit upset that I couldnt get another stumpy due to stock shortages...... but all in, i actually feel I got an upgrade, and the Trance is an amazing short travel trail bike. 

My question though is can anyone confirm if a 34t chainring will fit on the trance. The 30 is hopelessly too small, as usual, but clearance on the rear chainstay is very minimal on this frame. Im sure a 32 would fit, but id prefer to go 34 if possible. 

Best to call one of the Giant stores.

the 3mm 'boost' off set is deceptive though as it sits further away from the stay and creates a lot of extra clearance

My brother has a 2019 Trance and upgraded from the 30 to a 34 and has no problems. Just make sure that it's a boost (3 mm offset) ring.

My brother has a 2019 Trance and upgraded from the 30 to a 34 and has no problems. Just make sure that it's a boost (3 mm offset) ring.

Music to my ears. Will be adding the 34t ring to my next parts order. 

Music to my ears. Will be adding the 34t ring to my next parts order.

And while you’re at it make it an oval

And while you’re at it make it an oval

Just watch out with this, it is my understanding an oval 34t will be the same size as a round 36t in places.

So if the frames max is 34t then an oval 32t would work but an oval 34t would be too big

Wonder if the chain line differs betweeb the Trance and the Trance E ....

The ebike comes standard with a 36, and enough space to go larger .... May well go with 38 for the next ring