• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want tan walls for my black bike <3

what are those ? Seems impossible to find tubeless ones locally :'(

Edited by Jbr

what are those ? Seems impossible to find tubeless ones locally :'(

I don’t think these are tubeless, they are 26mm and pretty decent. Riding in the dark I have had some big impact with all sorts of debris and have been ok.

East city cycles have stock.

Ride what you want as long as you can afford it, it hurts no one if you have a superbike

I feel the same way about cars as some here feel about bikes - my car is worth less than half my gravel bike. I'm a decent driver having done many courses and raced. I'm a fairly average to cr@p rider with top tier bikes

Nice bikes are way cheaper than nice cars. Nice bikes are way way way way cheaper than kids

You can feel a difference on a top tier bike for sure - worth it? Not so much but it's a personal choice and it's nice to work for something and then get it.

Jewie will still beat me on a BMX

The greatest post ever....

bd4c32b07fbbc3c964ab3d2a668473a3.jpg

Very much not high end, very much happy.

Just need to find a bearing cover so can complete the slam, just can’t find one.

What light set up are you running?

This reminds me of the tutorial on how to re-drill the 3.5mm headphone jack back into your iPhone X..

Under most tyres there is a layer of white rubber on the walls beneath the black one. What you need to do is to remove the the outer layer in order to make the white wall visible. The tool you need to archive that is an angle grinder. Use a 36 grit disc. There are discs containing a hole. Due to the fast rotation, they make it possible to see what is happening on the surface while you are working. It is recommended to strip of the tyre completely from the rim to not damage other parts unnecessarily. However, there are people who do the following steps while leaving the tyre on the rim.

Make sure the outer side is on top since this is the layer you want to work on. Start grinding the top layer till you can see the white rubber. If you went all around, use 80 grit sand paper to clean up the result. Just use very light pressure. You do not want to damage the layers in order to drive safely with your white wall tyres. Also, you do not want to tear too much rubber off, because under the white layer there is black rubber again. Also, pay attention to the bead. If you damage this part of the tyre you could end up sealing problems.

These steps cause release a lot of dust. For your own healthy you should wear a face mask.

:w00t: 

What light set up are you running?

I just run a Ryder 900 front light. Lasts 2 mornings before charging again. Its on a little mount from my kids bike that has a rubber strap around the light and then at 90 degrees, another one around the bar. 

I actually have the barfly so can run the right in the centre, just not gotten round to it, also normally leave the centre for the gopro but due to it being winter have not run it in a while.

Are you colourblind, or just have no sense of style?

What I dont understand, people buy a R150k road bike and then dont slam the stem?

I feel your pain! what exactly is up with that especially when its a little dinky 80-90mm stem on a road bike. Then then there's still another headtube on top of the headtube :thumbdown:  Styleman would do 360's in his grave if he was in his grave.

When its an aero bike......... :cursing:

What nobody touched on though, is the little bit of magical fairy dust that gets added to the superbike's paint.  And you may laugh and think I am sarcastic, however this is true.  The fairy dust facilitates the creation of boyish wet-dreams when staring at one of these bikes.  Its what makes an average phone camera make these look like they have been Canon DSLR'ed and Photo-shopped like a Kardashian's profile pic.  Its the stuff that inspires young boys in Kenya and elsewhere alike to become top-notch riders at the top of the pyramid of what is humanly possible, like Froomy, Merckx who came before us.

At least, that's what the marketing makes us believe :D

Are they better than normal bikes?  Yes.  Is the level of betterness due to the fairy dust worth the extra money?  Sure, if money is not a problem.  Will it make you significantly faster?  Maybe, due to psychology, but perhaps not due to the claimed benefits from marketing.

However, when it's all said and done, I would rather let them add fairy dust to bicycles, ask a massive premium for it, and inspire people to get fit, than I would have them add fairy dust to other useless things in this world, like iPhones...

I feel your pain! what exactly is up with that especially when its a little dinky 80-90mm stem on a road bike. Then then there's still another headtube on top of the headtube :thumbdown:  Styleman would do 360's in his grave if he was in his grave.

When its an aero bike......... :cursing:

It's an un-aero bike in this case. Makes zero sense to spend all that money for some aero gains and flush them away with a sit up and beg riding position. 

Should just have gotten the lighter and more comfortable endurance or climbing bike in the first place.

Tell me again how marketing plays no part in this?

What nobody touched on though, is the little bit of magical fairy dust that gets added to the superbike's paint.  And you may laugh and think I am sarcastic, however this is true.  The fairy dust facilitates the creation of boyish wet-dreams when staring at one of these bikes.  Its what makes an average phone camera make these look like they have been Canon DSLR'ed and Photo-shopped like a Kardashian's profile pic.  Its the stuff that inspires young boys in Kenya and elsewhere alike to become top-notch riders at the top of the pyramid of what is humanly possible, like Froomy, Merckx who came before us.

At least, that's what the marketing makes us believe :D

Are they better than normal bikes?  Yes.  Is the level of betterness due to the fairy dust worth the extra money?  Sure, if money is not a problem.  Will it make you significantly faster?  Maybe, due to psychology, but perhaps not due to the claimed benefits from marketing.

However, when it's all said and done, I would rather let them add fairy dust to bicycles, ask a massive premium for it, and inspire people to get fit, than I would have them add fairy dust to other useless things in this world, like iPhones...

Ok, I will admit, the gold flecks in my bikes paint job really do make a difference.