Imported Tacx Neo 2 Broke (still under warranty), now what?

Aardwolf

Hi guys,

Bought a Tacx Neo 2 from Chain Reaction Cycles in January 2019. Warranty Expires January 2021.

Tacx just broke; no lights coming on, no resistance, and a burning smell..it's doomed.

(Yes I'm supposed to support local, but if I can get something for less than 2/3 of the price by importing, it's an easy choice. I've spent all the money I saved through importing locally on other accessories so no guilt there  :thumbup: )

What is the procedure from here - do I contact Tacx, or Garmin (who apparently bought Tacx), or CRC where I bought it from?

Any advice would be appreciated. I haven't had to replace anything I bought from an online store before, and this one is quite heavy (thinking shipping costs) and expensive (I've heard someone just got vouchers from CRC instead of a replacement/refund...wouldn't want to spend so much on random stuff when what I need is a trainer  :eek: )

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Bought a Tacx Neo 2 from Chain Reaction Cycles in January 2019. Warranty Expires January 2021.

Tacx just broke; no lights coming on, no resistance, and a burning smell..it's doomed.

(Yes I'm supposed to support local, but if I can get something for less than 2/3 of the price by importing, it's an easy choice. I've spent all the money I saved through importing locally on other accessories so no guilt there  :thumbup: )

What is the procedure from here - do I contact Tacx, or Garmin (who apparently bought Tacx), or CRC where I bought it from?

Any advice would be appreciated. I haven't had to replace anything I bought from an online store before, and this one is quite heavy (thinking shipping costs) and expensive (I've heard someone just got vouchers from CRC instead of a replacement/refund...wouldn't want to spend so much on random stuff when what I need is a trainer  :eek: )

Thanks!

You will probably have to contact CRC and they will ask you to send it back, then replace it and ask you to cover shipping. Risk of buying from CRC.

I have had a warranty from CRC before. You contact them and fill out a claim form. Then they ask you to ship it to them at your cost. Once they have assessed it and decide it is to be replaced they refund you the shipping cost. You just send them the receipt and proof of payment. It was easy and pain free. I used my local DHL outlet. IICR they asked me to but that was when they had a deal with DHL.

I have had a warranty from CRC before. You contact them and fill out a claim form. Then they ask you to ship it to them at your cost. Once they have assessed it and decide it is to be replaced they refund you the shipping cost. You just send them the receipt and proof of payment. It was easy and pain free. I used my local DHL outlet. IICR they asked me to but that was when they had a deal with DHL.

^^^^^

This.

Have just done a warranty return with them a few weeks ago.