[Event] A Wildevy Around the Canals

janneman72

Event Name: A Wildevy Around the Canals
When: 5 September 2020
Where: The Wildevy Wedding Venue, Hartebeesepoort, North West
Category: MTB

Distance: 137km ,680m elevation

Fee: R250 ( 3 fully stocked Water points, Ledgends Craft Gin or Beer when you cross the finish line!)

Venue: The Wildevy Wedding Venue, Hartebeesepoort

Venue Opens: 5:30am

Ride Briefing: 6:55 am

Start time: 7:00 am

One of our popular training rides starting off just outside Harties which takes you through to the Brits canals where most of the route will take you along the canals.

Scenic route with fast and flat'ish drags. From 80km the route will start taking you on the climbs, steep and long enough to show you what goes down must go up!

You will finish off at theThe Wildevy Wedding Venuewhere you will claim your delicious gourmet burger and sample on a perfectly brewed beer discussing the fun happenings of the day.

Route is a roundabout loop that will take you back to where you start. It is reasonable flat and fast but will test your endurance in the legs.

Compulsory gear:

Lights and rear reflectors - i make sure you can see and be seen.

Warm kit/Protection against wind and rain

REMEMBER: to have spares, tubes, repair kit, space blanket and a medical kit with you, along with your medical aid details and emergency contact numbers in a water proof container.

GPX file:

This route will not be marked. A GPS will be required where a gpx file will be provided closer to the event.

It may still be dark and very cold the time you get going, so ensure you charge your lights and pack in warm kit.

More beer, coffee and coldrink will be sold by the venue

This event is proudly sponsored by:

My PVM

Ecologic: Decreaser- Disinfectant

Bike & Trail Adventure Medics

Go to Event Page