Market for used MTB Frames

Longbarn Killer

I have come across someone selling 6 mtb aluminium frames. 3 x Titan HT, 1 x Scott HT, 1 X Raleigh HT and 1 x Axis FS. The person owned a second hand shop and has closed down. They want R1 000 for all 6.

At first I thought is was a bargain and went racing off to check them out. Most are in good condition except the one Titan that is scratched to pieces.

Do you think that there is a market for these types of frames? None of them have headsets or hangers.

My plan was to build the Axis into a bike for myself (never owned a fs before) and sell all the hard tails for R100 to R300 each (depending on condition).

Will I get buyers at that price, bearing in mind, no headset and no hangers?

I have come across someone selling 6 mtb aluminium frames. 3 x Titan HT, 1 x Scott HT, 1 X Raleigh HT and 1 x Axis FS. The person owned a second hand shop and has closed down. They want R1 000 for all 6.

At first I thought is was a bargain and went racing off to check them out. Most are in good condition except the one Titan that is scratched to pieces.

Do you think that there is a market for these types of frames? None of them have headsets or hangers.

My plan was to build the Axis into a bike for myself (never owned a fs before) and sell all the hard tails for R100 to R300 each (depending on condition).

Will I get buyers at that price, bearing in mind, no headset and no hangers?

I think you definitely have a market. Just remember to factor in the cost of the headsets and hangers.