Bibshorts

figjam_sa

Good evening guys

I'm having a hard time deciding between different bib shorts for the Mrs (and probably me)...

Don't mind buying local - but unfortunately we staying pretty far away from everything so I have to go according to the sizing charts. Seems that she will be a Medium in pretty much all the brands I'm looking at. I'll probably be a large

Bibs in question:

Vye

Indola Enduro

Castelli Velocissimo

Ciovita Corsa 2.0

Sportful 

Endura Hyperon 2

Velotex

Some of these are on sale and I don't want to spend more than R1500 on a pair of bibshorts at the moment. The purpose is for mtb rides longer than 2 hours, potentially up to 5 hours. 

We have some cheaper Cwc and Cyclebox (I think) bibs for shorter rides and training purposes.

The Castelli is normally the most expensive one. Question is..... is it better than Ciovita? Can Vye and Indola match them for comfort on longer rides. 

Thanks for the help

I've had Castelli not bad but since last year I have been riding with Ciovita Corsa and I don't see me moving away anytime soon.

Edited by Me rida my bicycle

Ciovita is good, but dont think the Corsa is good for more than 2-3 hours.

5 hour rides, buy Assos !

Ciovita is good, but dont think the Corsa is good for more than 2-3 hours.

5 hour rides, buy Assos !

If only they would fit into the budget!!

figjam_sa, I can't advise which is better, but be aware that Castelli (& Sportful) sizing is much smaller than SA brands. e.g. I'm a 34" waist in normal pants & XL in Castelli & Sportful. Had Anatomic Racer bibshorts in M which were looser than the Castelli.

Edited by amr63

figjam_sa, I can't advise which is better, but be aware that Castelli (& Sportful) sizing is much smaller than SA brands. e.g. I'm a 34" waist in normal pants & XL in Castelli & Sportful. Had Anatomic Racer bibshorts in M which were looser than the Castelli.

Thanks! Im a 32 waist in normal pants. Usually a medium in anything clothing related, but according to most sizing guides for bibshorts a large would be fine. But I will keep that in mind

I thought you may have gotten lucky with an Assos bib that popped up for R1000, but it was a Small.

My lady uses Castelli and prefers them to the other brands she has tried.

She has not tried Assos yet (my favourite by far - R1999 S7 Mille is way better than R1500 from Castelli/Ciovita etc)