Stolen: Soma Valhallen 2018 (Cape Town)

MORNE

My sub conscience sucks then, when I had to ID my attacker I had no idea... I was more looking at the knife than his face though. Hope you find you bike and that the thief gets some love in prison

oh yes i could ID the knife for sure. the rest was just a bit blurry because of the masks etc. But since he was going for an overhead stab, his face - at least his upper half of his face - was always in view with the knife next to his head....and then it all also happens in less than 10 seconds....and comes back in drips and drabs afterwards. i couldnt even recall exactly what happened right after it happened. I still dont know how i clipped out and slid straight off the back of the bike without even thinking about it lol 

PS: still awaiting further news. i guess they are still waiting on SAPS to pitch...should i hold my breath?....

Edited by morneS555

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

still waiting on the police to get in contact with security company. useless lol. They have to go fetch him in table view. jurisdiction BS going on now.

But it sounds like the skollie might be lying about selling the bike....as some of the witnesses on the farm where they caught him said he was pushing it around there on sunday.

anyway...here's to hoping fn SAPS dont screw this up at this critical stage...they cant keep him there indefinitely. And all the hard work has been done for them already....

PS: Welbeloond Farm...that one across from Du Noon/malibongwe

Edited by morneS555

I've heard of some security companies who gladly "assist" SAPS with interrogations ... may have had them begging to give your bike back.

The fact that they've been apprehended is pleasing, but also holding thumbs for return of your bike.

I'm sorry for your loss. Hope the bike is retrieved. Surely the iPhone ping is the best lead one can follow?

Man this is getting exciting, if the cops cant find the bike now then they are completely useless.

They have someone who knows all about it and that should be more than enough.

I received some more info this morning, while we wait for SAPS to come to the party they are following some leads pertaining to the original aggressor. His friend knows where he lives but the security guys cant move him from table view to durbanville unless the investigating officer pulls his finger out his ars and cones to the party. Im still hopeful though...these huys have been amazing in following the bread crumbs.

update:

so after all the work and effort...the ball finally DID get dropped by SAPS as we all probably knew it would.  :cursing:

Security company was on the way there this morning to provide assistance to the investigating officer and when they got there...SAPS dbville were paying dumb (well were they?...) They didn't take any statements or anything...and because of the tableview/durbanville jurisdiction cockup and the investigator taking his sweet time to go get the guy, the 48h holding time has past this morning...and they let him go. 

FML

I have no faith in the system anymore. <_< They cant even get it done after being handed everything on a platter. Talk about f@rking incompetence....

anyway.

Thanks Adrian from Green Platoon Security - Table View for all the effort.  

update:

so after all the work and effort...the ball finally DID get dropped by SAPS as we all probably knew it would.  :cursing:

Security company was on the way there this morning to provide assistance to the investigating officer and when they got there...SAPS dbville were paying dumb (well were they?...) They didn't take any statements or anything...and because of the tableview/durbanville jurisdiction cockup and the investigator taking his sweet time to go get the guy, the 48h holding time has past this morning...and they let him go. 

FML

I have no faith in the system anymore. <_< They cant even get it done after being handed everything on a platter. Talk about f@rking incompetence....

anyway.

Bloody Idiots!!!

update:

FML

anyway.

there's a hubber, i don't think very active.

used to race with him back in the day... he's quite high up in the SAPS rank

he might be worth a shout, if of course he still is involved

ps i was mugged about 2kms from my house, the bike was floating around and unlike you i went about the "not so legal" way in trying to retrieve, i got to a point where it became too dangerous and not worth it...

also had bikes stolen off a bike rack from a race, a year or so before i was mugged, we retrieved these bikes but at expense, again following the "not so legal" ways

not so legal - without SAPS

there's a hubber, i don't think very active.

used to race with him back in the day... he's quite high up in the SAPS rank

he might be worth a shout, if of course he still is involved

ps i was mugged about 2kms from my house, the bike was floating around and unlike you i went about the "not so legal" way in trying to retrieve, i got to a point where it became too dangerous and not worth it...

also had bikes stolen off a bike rack from a race, a year or so before i was mugged, we retrieved these bikes but at expense, again following the "not so legal" ways

not so legal - without SAPS

ok i just checked he i still active, was online around yesterday!

update:

FML

anyway.

unbelievable!!!