I'm out

fandacious

It's been a great ride. I've done 10 argus cycle tours (some fast, some slow), hundreds of PPA races, met some amazing people over the years, and developed a passion for endurance sport that will be with me for the rest of my life.

on the weekend I realised that is has been 3 years since I have even been on a bicycle.

I'm no longer able to ride from home - I have to pack the bike in the car to go ride, and that's hella impractical.

I've taken up running instead (can't be sitting around doing nothing) and one day I hope to be able to get back on a bike.

see y'all some day

It's been a great ride. I've done 10 argus cycle tours (some fast, some slow), hundreds of PPA races, met some amazing people over the years, and developed a passion for endurance sport that will be with me for the rest of my life.

on the weekend I realised that is has been 3 years since I have even been on a bicycle.

I'm no longer able to ride from home - I have to pack the bike in the car to go ride, and that's hella impractical.

I've taken up running instead (can't be sitting around doing nothing) and one day I hope to be able to get back on a bike.

see y'all some day

Bleak Monday post! Hope it changes at some point.

I still love cycling. Especially the downhill.... And I even used to get on my bike occasionally. In reality, I haven't had a ride in three years, but, I love my running and keep fit and active with that. It doesn't mean you can't partake in the forums... And join us on the cyclists with a running problem for advice and encouragement

see y'all some day

Sell that Jag and get a bigger car.

I started a thread a while back about feeling guilty for being active on this forum while not actually having been on my bike in a long while.

The running thread on here is pretty active and there is a lot more than just cycling in these forums.

Click - Forums

Click - Multisport

Click - Cyclists with a "Running" Problem

Welcome to your new home!

Was there not a trail running version of thehub as well? Can't find it now on google, maybe discontinued?

Was there not a trail running version of thehub as well? Can't find it now on google, maybe discontinued?

Dead. Don't know if totally removed but dead. 

Edit: in fact, yes looks like page doesn't exist

Edited by Chris_

see y'all some day

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/175207-rouvy-worth-the-bother-for-virtual-rides/page-14?do=findComment&comment=3707610

Other than running there is a big world of online cycling

Good luck ????

Edited by SwissVan

You WILL be back.

I had a similar route many years back.

Rode numerous Arguses in the 1990's. Got tired of the cycling and returned to my running roots early 2000's.

Completed multiple Two Oceans, comrades until the knees started telling me they had had enough.

Returned to cycling in 2010 when by brother had arranged a ride over the Prince Alfred Pass for his 40th Bday and have never looked back.

As others have mentioned, it is in your blood. Enjoy the running exploits.

I've got 2 other cars. its just the hassle of having to pack the bike every time I want a ride isn't much fun

You should move to Joburg for a while to know how good you have it down there. It can't possibly take longer than getting to and from the cradle for a spot of tarmac. no idea where mtb'ers go....

You wouldn't be the first or the last person on this here hub to not actually be a 'cyclist' or at the very least being an active cyclist... Me thinks a straw poll may surprise us all [emoji848]