Overberg Meander bike-packing

Gouws 34

Some advice would be appreciated guys. A friend and I are planning to bike-pack the official Overberg Meander route in November. Is anyone familiar with the route and how safe is the route? We are both 26. Thanks guys!

Some advice would be appreciated guys. A friend and I are planning to bike-pack the official Overberg Meander route in November. Is anyone familiar with the route and how safe is the route? We are both 26. Thanks guys!

The only bits that would have me nervous is the road between Bredasdorp and Struisbaai, and the bit between Stanford and the Tesselaarsdal turn off. Both roads only has a tiny gravel shoulder, with cars traveling at high speed.

The only bits that would have me nervous is the road between Bredasdorp and Struisbaai, and the bit between Stanford and the Tesselaarsdal turn off. Both roads only has a tiny gravel shoulder, with cars traveling at high speed.

I can second this. The R362 is terrible with traffic. When I ride there, I tend to just ride on the dirt well off to the side of the road. Cars fly down that road, and give riders no space....

Also, the ride from swellendam to Malgas is pretty dull actually. Not terrible, but I would rather start my ride in Stllbaai, and travel via vermaaklikheid towards Malgas, much nicer ride, although it is a little further