Looking for company on the road - Weltevreden Park/ Little Falls

TyG

Hi all,

I am moving to the Weltevreden Park/ Little Falls area and looking to get company to join (Road Cyclists). Only been cycling for a year now and do it as a hobby every weekend. So looking to join up.

Pls let me know.

Regards,

Tyrone

Hi all,

I am moving to the Weltevreden Park/ Little Falls area and looking to get company to join (Road Cyclists). Only been cycling for a year now and do it as a hobby every weekend. So looking to join up.

Pls let me know.

Regards,

Tyrone 

Hey, 

Great idea. I would take down your cell number if people want they can just DM you. 

I find a cool way to check for ride buddies in a new place is to just go check strava flyby's and stuff and ask around as well. 

Good luck!

B

A good way is to make friends with your local bike shop. They normally have group rides or know of groups.

If you’re looking for “company” download tinder ????

Edited by Mr Dampf

A good way is to make friends with your local bike shop. They normally have group rides or know of groups.

Maybe point him at a bike shop in the area?

We used to call Little Falls the training ground of future professionals btw.

I'm not sure whether you're looking for people to ride with from home or just general cycling buddies. 

I would suggest you join Cyclelab Fourways for a couple of rides as they have several groups at different paces riding every weekend. It is only 30 min drive from your area and you're bound to meet some people from your own area riding at a pace which suits you.

An alternative is to just drive out to one of the places in the cradle (Bidon probably the busiest)  and pedal from there. Lots of people riding every weekend.

Maybe point him at a bike shop in the area?

We used to call Little Falls the training ground of future professionals btw.

I’m sure google has come to the West Rand.

I'm not sure whether you're looking for people to ride with from home or just general cycling buddies. 

I would suggest you join Cyclelab Fourways for a couple of rides as they have several groups at different paces riding every weekend. It is only 30 min drive from your area and you're bound to meet some people from your own area riding at a pace which suits you.

An alternative is to just drive out to one of the places in the cradle (Bidon probably the busiest)  and pedal from there. Lots of people riding every weekend.

Yes, we park at Riverstone Lodge, just off the highway...gives you a nice hill to climb towards Kloofzicht / Bidon... Regularly see riders on Hendrik Potgieter but not keen to join them with taxis and big trucks driving on the (yellow) shoulder... 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Pls let me know.

Regards,

Tyrone

Hi Tyrone, have you teamed up with riders from Weltevreden Park yet? 

• 3 months later...

Please wap me...i beling to a group in that area...very active group with weekend rides on saturdays and sundays as well as sometimes rides organized during week...my name is Pierre. Wap me on 0824993343...ill put you in touch ....