Win prizes with the 2020 Carnival City Masteel MTB & Road Cycle races

Frosty

Below was the original post to advise that the event has been cancelled for 2020, but we still have an opportunity to offer some lucky draw prizes, in exchange for a R50 donation to our charities.

For every R50 donated, you get an entry into the draw for one of the following prizes:

c99b29990adba3c52198d5482b1d2961.jpg

See you back in October 2021

After exhaustive, but sadly unsuccessful pursuit of alternates, it is with regret that the organisers have decided to cancel the events this year. The primary reason is SAFETY. The safety of our naming sponsors – Carnival City and Macsteel, participating cyclists, the public at large, volunteers, recipients of the proceeds from the races, service providers and many more.

The Covid19 pandemic has forced the implementation of rules and regulations never before seen in our country. It is the civic duty of each of us to abide by these rules and regulations – in order to minimize the spread of the virus. Our event uses up to 150 marshals on the route, placed at every intersection where traffic could enter the route. Along with race officials, and other service providers, our staff compliment would be close to 200 volunteers to ensure a "safe" event. It is for this reason that we have declined to entertain a small field event, and rather continue to socially isolate ourselves from the calendar until 20201.

Common knowledge is that all proceeds of our races are distributed to many deserving charities in our community. The races are organised in their entirety by volunteers of Germiston Wheelers Cycling Club and The Rotary Club of Germiston. No remuneration is earned by any of these volunteers. Many participants of recent years have happily paid their entry fee – then further contributed to a charity fund established to collect any and all of these monies – too to be distributed to worthy causes. Should we enjoy the ongoing support of these cyclists – for the benefit of charities – we will gladly accept such donations and distribute accordingly. Should you wish to donate to one of our beneficiaries, please contact us and we’ll forward you the banking details.

In 2021 we look forward to staging the full events – Covid19 or any other pandemic depending. So, to all concerned parties – we stress that our races are temporarily suspended and look forward to your
future support during 2021 and further.

In the meanwhile, enjoy the feeling of riding your bike as fast or slow as you like. We’ll leave you with these quotes from the legend that is Eddie Merckx:

• Ride as much or as little, as long or as short as you feel. But ride” – Eddy Merckx
  • “Don’t buy upgrades, ride up grades” – Eddy Merckx
Edited by Frosty

really feel sorry for all the charties that are missing out, all across the country.

We got to know the races and charities in our area ... lets hope 2021 is better, for everybody

Sorry to hear as  even in the rain the MTB race was great fun last year but totally understandable and  I look forward to 2021!

I am not sure there will be any of the major events this year. I know there was the little fat sheep race but the more common bigger races will probably all be cancelled. I wonder if Ride 4 Sight and Fast One etc will even happen.

I am not sure there will be any of the major events this year. I know there was the little fat sheep race but the more common bigger races will probably all be cancelled. I wonder if Ride 4 Sight and Fast One etc will even happen.

Lost City and Tshwane Classic

Lost City and Tshwane Classic

Not sure what the participant restriction is on level 1, but I guess we’ll find out next week.

• 3 weeks later...

For the benefit of our charities, we will gladly accept donations and distribute accordingly. Limits don’t apply. In return for your donations, the Rotary Club and Germiston Wheelers Cycle Club supporting the charities are hosting a raffle:

Raffle tickets for the following items will be R50-00. 1 entry for every R50-00 donated.

The closing date will be 25 October 2020 at 23:59.

EFT can be done to the Germiston Rotary Club.

Banking details:

Account Name: Rotary Club Germiston

Bank: ABSA

Account number: 4051550977

Branch code: 513542

Your reference will be your mobile number & the word “Raffle”.

Example 0831234567 Raffle - if insufficient space for the number and raffle, then please email the proof of deposit to info at germistonclassic dot co dot za

And now for the prizes:

WAHOO ELEMNT BOLT STEALTH GPS Computer

Retail price: R5499.99

KASK MOJITO X BLK L Road Helmet

Retail: R2999.99

OAKLEY JAWBREAKER POL IRID BLK Sunglasses

Retail: R2999.99

KASK RAPIDO WHT M Rod Helmet

Retail: R1799.99

WAHOO TICKR 2 Heart Rate Monitor

Retail: R1299.99

Prizes will be delivered to an address within the borders of the a Republic of South Africa.

Thanks in advance for your donation(s).

• 2 weeks later...

Last few days to buy a ticket (or more) for the draw for the prizes on Sunday evening. 

You have to be in it to win it.

R14k worth of prizes, for as little as a R50 donation, and you don't have to reside in Gauteng to win. We'll ship to any address in RSA.

The draw will done on Sunday at 20:00, so you have until 18:00 on Sunday to get your entry into the draw.