Full Finger MTB Gloves

Bjorn881

I'm looking for advice and recommendations for durable full finger MTB gloves! It will be used for trail and enduro style riding, so preferably something with some padding/knuckle protection!

I have the Fox Ranger....got them relatively well priced off the Fox site....zero padding or knuckle protection though....But a nice summer glove though for general riding around....

Fox Flexair if you are looking for a minimalist glove and snug fit.

I try to stay away from Fox gloves with velcro, the velcro tend to wear out quite quickly in my experience with them.

As suggested by slick with his web link, look for gloves on MX sites its your best bet for what you want. Thor makes pretty sweet gloves.

I'm looking for advice and recommendations for durable full finger MTB gloves! It will be used for trail and enduro style riding, so preferably something with some padding/knuckle protection!

I bought a pair of Lizzard full fingered padded gloves, on special at Cycle Lab last week, R350.

Used them twice on my trial rides, nice fit with good padding. Good value for money! 

Another vote for fox. Been running a pair of Rangers for a couple seasons, with no padding. Current range is available in padded and unpadded. Just bought a spare set last week at Bike Addict online for R330.

I used to ride padded, but since trying the unpadded I actually prefer the feel.

I don't feel the knuckle protection necessary like one would on a motorbike. 

Another vote for fox. Been running a pair of Rangers for a couple seasons, with no padding. Current range is available in padded and unpadded. Just bought a spare set last week at Bike Addict online for R330.

I used to ride padded, but since trying the unpadded I actually prefer the feel.

I don't feel the knuckle protection necessary like one would on a motorbike. 

contacted them this week, no stock on bike addict website

contacted them this week, no stock on bike addict website

Email Wayne on online@bike-addict.co.za they struggling with stock on everything at the moment, but he got back to me very quickly and even organised the newer model.

Using Leatt at the moment and it's the closest I can get to the "no gloves" experience. 

You are however looking for something with protection. 
A good place to start then would be motorcross gloves. Very similar to MTB but they do offer a bit of protection over the fingers and knuckles. They tend to be hot. 

Fox would be a good start for most glove applications. Make sure to get the sizing spot on. If it's too big you will find the palm stretching a tiny bit which causes it to bunch up and in some cases cause calluses.

Avoid Alpinestars if you're going motorcross gloves. I'm yet to have a single pair where the seams dont come loose within a few rides. 

100% is pretty cool. 

As said above, try and avoid velcro closures. They wear out quite quickly and attract all kinds of fluff and dust. 

Thank you to everyone who shared their feedback! Judging from the consensus, I will go look at MX gloves made by Fox and Leatt which don't have velcro tabs! MX 24 and Go MX in Blouberg CPT seem to have some good options fitting the above criteria!

Mcauto have got well priced gear with lightning speed delivery. Leatt, Fly, Thor, EVS, Alpinestar are all great.

Edited by keithbe