Norco fluid fs3 2020 or Spez Stumpjumper ST 2019

MajG

Also, shop around... I have shipped bikes all over the country for no more than R400 each way....

On this i dealt with 2 Norco jhb dealers, one quoted me R350 for shipping and the other R900 and they both belong to the cycles united group.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On this i dealt with 2 Norco jhb dealers, one quoted me R350 for shipping and the other R900 and they both belong to the cycles united group.

The one for R350 is probably head office who uses a lot of courier to get bikes to stores etc, so thier account caters for heavy discounts.

DSV charges around 1K to a non account holder for a bicycle box including 25k content insurance.  Bigfoot also around there.

Courier Guy you will get away cheaper but when the box turns up folded in half, they will tell you to get fricked.

Edit:

That said I hope they are not quoting you to deliver your brand new purchase because I will tell them to get fricked if this is the case.

Cycle lab delivered my 6k hardtail for free.

Edited by boxerulez

The one for R350 is probably head office who uses a lot of courier to get bikes to stores etc, so thier account caters for heavy discounts.

DSV charges around 1K to a non account holder for a bicycle box including 25k content insurance.  Bigfoot also around there.

Courier Guy you will get away cheaper but when the box turns up folded in half, they will tell you to get fricked.

Edit:

That said I hope they are not quoting you to deliver your brand new purchase because I will tell them to get fricked if this is the case.

Cycle lab delivered my 6k hardtail for free.

Yup they charging me to deliver a brand new bike, guess the price discount they giving me negates my free delivery

Ok the headoffice statement could make sense yes.

Search bikehub threads for courier threads.

Tryptich will ship a bike box for non account holders for R400 bucks. Other options too.

Well the world has spoken to me - from saturday 11am till monday morning (today) 11am, assuming these shops closed on a sunday, Jhb branches and PLZ branches sold the last 2 Norco medium frames.

No other stock available.

The general bike demand is seriously high.

So now its between the scott spark and stumpie (has dropper post aswell) 

Cant get Trek ex 5, or merida one twenty for under R30k 2nd in medium

I will update with what i eventually get. not sure too wait for a good 2nd hand deal or just pull the trigger now on stumpie 2019 or scott 940 2019.

Scott feels alot heavier and maybe thats why feel alot more solid than the stumpie.

couldnt really feel difference in the Rockshoc judy and recon rl on the stumpie as it was parking lot spins.

stumpie all black and that makes it so much hotter  :clap:

Thanks for all the input thus far folks :thumbup:

Well the world has spoken to me - from saturday 11am till monday morning (today) 11am, assuming these shops closed on a sunday, Jhb branches and PLZ branches sold the last 2 Norco medium frames.

No other stock available.

The general bike demand is seriously high.

So now its between the scott spark and stumpie (has dropper post aswell)

Cant get Trek ex 5, or merida one twenty for under R30k 2nd in medium

I will update with what i eventually get. not sure too wait for a good 2nd hand deal or just pull the trigger now on stumpie 2019 or scott 940 2019.

Scott feels alot heavier and maybe thats why feel alot more solid than the stumpie.

couldnt really feel difference in the Rockshoc judy and recon rl on the stumpie as it was parking lot spins.

stumpie all black and that makes it so much hotter :clap:

Thanks for all the input thus far folks [emoji106]

Did you notice that the medium norco is a 27.5

You should look at a large. I wish I could have bought a size up but sadly I am at the top of the sizing spectrum.

I had a hell of a time finding an XL frame never mind a XXL nobody seems to import in Full Sys.

Or did you want the 27.5 configuration?

Did you notice that the medium norco is a 27.5

You should look at a large. I wish I could have bought a size up but sadly I am at the top of the sizing spectrum.

I had a hell of a time finding an XL frame never mind a XXL nobody seems to import in Full Sys.

Or did you want the 27.5 configuration?

they have both the 29er and 27.5 in medium - but i contacted every Norco retailer and they sold out.

2 JHB dealers say they sell out about on  5 dual suspension bikes a day and new stock only planned ot come in Nov/Dec

Bike boom is real coupled by the suppliers not having enough stock available to ship over to SA

apparently SA is last on the demand list

i have even considered buying a large, but im 1.74 so well short of the large frame choice.

To be honest i have never seen XXL frames

only bike ALL the dealers are trying to sell me is the Titan Cypher , specs look great but really concerned about longevity of the bike, and future resale as im sure i will be looking in 2 years time again for another bike

so yeah - decisions decisions

they have both the 29er and 27.5 in medium - but i contacted every Norco retailer and they sold out.

2 JHB dealers say they sell out about on 5 dual suspension bikes a day and new stock only planned ot come in Nov/Dec

Bike boom is real coupled by the suppliers not having enough stock available to ship over to SA

apparently SA is last on the demand list

i have even considered buying a large, but im 1.74 so well short of the large frame choice.

To be honest i have never seen XXL frames

Hardtails come in XXL (23")

Some companies make full sus in XXL also but the pricing is insane from the point of view my wallet has...

Trek Santa Cruz and YT go figure.

Hardtails come in XXL (23")

Some companies make full sus in XXL also but the pricing is insane from the point of view my wallet has...

Trek Santa Cruz and YT go figure.

Unrelated but thanks for following me on Instagram.

only bike ALL the dealers are trying to sell me is the Titan Cypher , specs look great but really concerned about longevity of the bike, and future resale as im sure i will be looking in 2 years time again for another bike

so yeah - decisions decisions

Seriously impressed with the Titan bikes for kids.

Maritz is now on his 2nd one, outgrew the previous.

We see a LOT of these bikes at the SPUR MTB events ... at least we did in 2019.  At Bloemendal most kids are on Titan bikes, and gradually we see more and more adults on Titan bikes.

On similar threads Titan gets excellent reviews.

As for 2nd hand value ....  Trek, Scott, etc carries no more value due the "perceived brand value" .... 40% off year one, then 10% off per year applies to one and all ....  Thankfully I bought my Scott on special when the next model came in, or I would have lost big time !!!

Seriously impressed with the Titan bikes for kids.

Maritz is now on his 2nd one, outgrew the previous.

We see a LOT of these bikes at the SPUR MTB events ... at least we did in 2019.  At Bloemendal most kids are on Titan bikes, and gradually we see more and more adults on Titan bikes.

On similar threads Titan gets excellent reviews.

As for 2nd hand value ....  Trek, Scott, etc carries no more value due the "perceived brand value" .... 40% off year one, then 10% off per year applies to one and all ....  Thankfully I bought my Scott on special when the next model came in, or I would have lost big time !!!

Not so keen to see 40% of my money being lost in the first year.

but maybe with this high demand it can only be 20% to 30% loss.

Im so itching to get myself a dual, will pull the trigger by this wknd