Garmin Connect vs Strava ... multiple bikes

ChrisF

I have three bikes linking to my GC and Strava accounts, ie MTB, Commuter and Trainer.

On Strava the default is set to MTB.  After rides on the trainer or commuter it is easy to select one of the other bikes for the ride, and thus keeping the records of each bike accurate.

On Garmin Connect I have set up all three bikes, with the MTB being the "default bike" ...  But I can't seem to figure out how to select one of the other bikes for a ride on one of these bikes .....  :whistling:

Will appreciate it if you can show me how to update the bike for a particular ride in Garmin Connect, either on the App or on the PC.  :thumbup:

My searches keep on pointing towards setting the "default bike" ....  :wacko:   :ph34r:

I have three bikes linking to my GC and Strava accounts, ie MTB, Commuter and Trainer.

On Strava the default is set to MTB. After rides on the trainer or commuter it is easy to select one of the other bikes for the ride, and thus keeping the records of each bike accurate.

On Garmin Connect I have set up all three bikes, with the MTB being the "default bike" ... But I can't seem to figure out how to select one of the other bikes for a ride on one of these bikes ..... :whistling:

Will appreciate it if you can show me how to update the bike for a particular ride in Garmin Connect, either on the App or on the PC. :thumbup:

My searches keep on pointing towards setting the "default bike" .... :wacko: :ph34r:

So you have not seen the options “Add or remove gear” in the 3 dot menu?

On GC you can change the bike BEFORE and AFTER the ride.

1. Make sure you have selected the relevant profile on your device, BEFORE you ride. It will then allocate that bike for the ride/workout.

2. As mentioned above, check the three dots, then go to Add or Remove Gear.

2372cbbaaee1cc7db3481dc00804a808.jpg

post-1372-0-19500800-1599998356_thumb.png

Edited by Frosty

On GC you can change the bike BEFORE and AFTER the ride.

1. Make sure you have selected the relevant profile on your device, BEFORE you ride. It will then allocate that bike for the ride/workout.

2. As mentioned above, check the three dots, then go to Add or Remove Gear.

2372cbbaaee1cc7db3481dc00804a808.jpg

attachicon.gifGear.PNG

Can you assign a spesifik bike to a profile on your device?  If yes how do you do that?

Can you assign a spesifik bike to a profile on your device? If yes how do you do that?

I can’t assign a specific bike to a workout but rather I name each profile on my 735XT the same as the bike. In my previous reply I see I said bike BEFORE the workout, which it should have been PROFILE. I confused the matter by refers g to the settings that are customized to each bike, eg no PM on the MTB.

After each workout, I then select the bike from the gear list. My default bike/shoes will be the one I use more often than not.

Indoor running - for the treadmill

Outdoor running - for using the GPS

Ritchey - my steel bike

Schwinn - my plastic bike

Giant - my MTB

Tandem - my tandem

Indoor Ride - disables GPS

Edited by Frosty

Can you assign a spesifik bike to a profile on your device?  If yes how do you do that?

Garmin Connect allows you to select a "Default for cycling" bike.  For this I select the one that I use most often.

To make one of these your "default":

- In the list of your gear, select "Bike", then "Edit"

- Now select "Cycling" in the drop down list

- A message pops up asking if you want to make this bike your default.

The bit that confused me ... in Strava you "add" all the bikes, then just "select" the one used for the ride when it is different to the default bike.  In Garmin Connect the same function is found in the "Add/Remove" function.... while I wanted to "select".

I make the Default bike a new fictitious one called " To Allocate"  , than make sure this is always zero by reallocating the ride correctly

Edited by Milosh

I make the Default bike a new fictitious one called " To Allocate"  , than make sure this is always zero by reallocating the ride correctly

that sounds like an accountants way of doing things

that sounds like an accountants way of doing things

LOL - yup it is worth copying some of thier ideas to operations , but for petes sake please dont let them know or we will get an invoice !! 

Edited by Milosh