2020 UCI Road World Championships: Imola – Emilia-Romagna

Vetplant

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that would be worth the suffering just to ride Acque Minerali on a bike....

if you know...you'll know

Seeing Bruno race at LeMans this weekend made me think back a good few years.

I was actually watching a program recently about the Honda NSX, damn Ayrton could drive.

WvA seems like the man of the moment but listening to that THE MOVE podcast with Lance

They reckon the champion wont be one of the tdf riders. 

Interesting perspective. A 1-week taper after a 3 week build is good, no?  :whistling:

Will freshness be the trump card on this relentless road race course? 

Allot of talk about the recovery powers of Pogacar, so one would be foolish to write him off due to the 3 week cruise through France... Plus, having Roglic to ride as domestique for you isn't too bad...

Marc Hirschi is the man on fire currently, but also with a TDF in the legs.

Not allot of riders on that Entry List that didn't do the TDF stands out as a "Favourites". Maybe Nibali, he has been very quiet the past couple of weeks and this suits his strengths..

So my picks for the Road Race:

Pogacar

WvA

Hirschi

Nibali as the long-shot.

TT:

Tom Dumoulin going to ride a blistering time in revenge of what happened last weekend.

WvA to push him very close for 2nd

Ganna to take 3rd

Rohan Dennis going to throw a fit about the bad equipment he was issued with :devil:

On the Womens side:

With AVV out of the TT, Chloé Dygert Owen will destroy the rest of the field to take Gold.

As for the road race, reports are that AVV will try to ride with a cast. Even with a broken wrist, you won't bet against her.

Except if backing Chloé Dygert Owen.

I believe it will come down to these two riders and their teams. But a surprise win by someone else will be fantastic as well.

Meintjies and Dlamini for SA?

CSA continues to amaze with bizarre selection.

Almost time, can't wait.

I wonder if Impey was chosen but decided against it?

was there an actual team selection and okes said no, or did they just not bother.

either way, would only be making up numbers really

She did well to just finish the stage. Probably should have just got in the car at the time...

EINA!

Bloody mess. Greatest of her generation, she's going to overtake Vos soon. 

All the ladies are on the course now. I am hoping Van der Breggen can add the one elite title that she has missed out on. Realistically it really is shoot out between her and Dygert Owen. 

Also nice to have Magnus Backstedt doing the commentary as well.

Couldn't make a tight right hander (she was on the TT bars). Had a wobble mid corner, recovered but then ran out of road and went over the barrier. Looked nasty.