2020 UCI Road World Championships: Imola – Emilia-Romagna

Vetplant

new Sagan. 

He can climb better that Sagan could/can and on the TT as well  (Wout)

Yes. But I think what MechEng was alluding to was the time peroid when nobody wanted to work with Sagan during his peak, because they would then always just finish 2nd behind him. So they made him chase all the attacks.

It might be difficult for Wout to win any more Classics this season from a breakaway group. He will be heavily marked and left to chase all the attacks.

Sagan needed to learn a new way to win, and he showed it emphatically with his Paris-Roubaix victory. 

Wout will need to be the aggressor and make them chase him instead.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am super stoked for Julian Alaphilippe... Big fan of him as well, but imo this has been coming. He has shown signs during the TDF already and I think the fact that he didn't won anymore stages during the TDF with his efforts on some stages, this just made him more hungry for this than ever.

Riding/Not Riding the TDF did not seem to be the determining factor for the results again. 

So we can park that idea.

The riders with form placed well.

post-27827-0-83053700-1601279410_thumb.png

Yes. But I think what MechEng was alluding to was the time peroid when nobody wanted to work with Sagan during his peak, because they would then always just finish 2nd behind him. So they made him chase all the attacks.

It might be difficult for Wout to win any more Classics this season from a breakaway group. He will be heavily marked and left to chase all the attacks.

Sagan needed to learn a new way to win, and he showed it emphatically with his Paris-Roubaix victory. 

Wout will need to be the aggressor and make them chase him instead.

Good point - remember Spartacus had the same problem and this is what I was saying a page back or so and the best thing he can do is make an alliance with someone in such conditions, then breakaway from the rest and the other would be assured at least a 2nd/ 3rd place. Easier said than done I guess,

Maybe he is just going for Roubaix?

If MVDP were to win it, I think he would prove a fairly popular winner in France given his maternal grand parentage. Would be hard for the French to dislike Raymond Poulidor's grandson. Or at least that's my reasoning. 

JA is such a classy rider. He's that opponent that other's hate to play against as he's always putting them on the back foot with something hard-to-deal-with. We're going to see lots of the rainbow jersey in the next 12 months. And a good few victories along the way.

Don't know why he felt the course didn't suit him. He seems to be having a confused season

With the rise of MVDP and WVA, then the utter domination of MVDP, it seemed there was no limit. Yet this (crazy) year has seen WVA be incredible. I remarked recently that with each WVA pedal-stroke, MVDP's lustre seems to fade. "Seems" - I'm waiting with baited breathe for the classics season to finally start.

If MVDP were to win it, I think he would prove a fairly popular winner in France given his maternal grand parentage. Would be hard for the French to dislike Raymond Poulidor's grandson. Or at least that's my reasoning

MvdP is claimed by both the Belgians and Dutch as one of their own and the French would bestow an honorary citizenship on him if asked.

Think his popularity is even wider though due to his entertaining racing style

MvdP is claimed by both the Belgians and Dutch as one of their own and the French would bestow an honorary citizenship on him if asked.

Think his popularity is even wider though due to his entertaining racing style

I think that this is basically 95% of the reason a lot of our fellow hubbers like him. He is a showman and you know that if he's targeting a race he is going to give it a 100% outright effort, think RVV last year or even his win at Amstel Gold. Very hard to dislike someone who races like that. I dig his personality too, seems to have a good grip on when he needs to be very focused and when he needs to be more relaxed. 

Also very good at both XCO and CX, and yes I know that something of an understatement.