Evobikes Launch New Website

News bot

Has anyone ordered something from them recently and have your lead times been accurate at all?

I generally try not to but I am about to lose my **** with them.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Rolf Hansen said:

Has anyone ordered something from them recently and have your lead times been accurate at all?

Took 2 days for an order to reach JHB from them. 
Same as always really. 

How long have you been waiting?

Just now, Steady Spin said:

Took 2 days for an order to reach JHB from them. 
Same as always really. 

How long have you been waiting?

I placed the order on 01/10/2021.

Janos said on Friday that I would have it by the latest this morning.

Spoke to Michelle yesterday and today and she has tried to be as helpful as she could but they have not even received it yet after which they still have to send it here.

I get the feeling it is one of those situations where they are waiting for the supplier to get stock before they send it to you. A little honesty would go a long way to put your mind at ease when waiting for orders like this. 

Happened to me before with a Park Tool order that showed "in stock" with them.

4 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

I get the feeling it is one of those situations where they are waiting for the supplier to get stock before they send it to you. A little honesty would go a long way to put your mind at ease when waiting for orders like this. 

Happened to me before with a Park Tool order that showed "in stock" with them.

Yep I suspect the same thing.

Just letting me know what is going on would have been great but up to now I have had to phone and my email asking about it has gone unanswered.

The item has also since changed to "Out of Stock"

19 minutes ago, Rolf Hansen said:

Reminds me of my recent experience with another online trader.

"Sorry, your order was cancelled because the item is out of stock."

But site is still showing stock, just at an inflated price now. ????

33 minutes ago, Rolf Hansen said:

Just letting me know what is going on would have been great but up to now I have had to phone and my email asking about it has gone unanswered.

When you placed the order was the item marked as "remote warehouse" as this could also explain the delay?

1 minute ago, FondTF2 said:

When you placed the order was the item marked as "remote warehouse" as this could also explain the delay?

Nope.

Specifically only ordered it because it was indicated as "In Stock" and not "Remote Warehouse". This is what makes it so frustrating.

1 hour ago, Rolf Hansen said:

That sucks ..... :(

Then again .... the site has shown this banner for months -

stock.JPG.6ddc8e35e6da67b319423e87b6686714.JPG

YES, in an ideal world stock levels should be accurate.  YES, in an ideal world emails should be answered ... especially when the client is already inconvenienced .....  

HOPE your item gets back in stock asap, and that you get it very quickly ..... OR, an option to cancel and refund if they cant get stock.

I have made it a habit to phone and check stock levels before concluding an online purchase, with all online suppliers.  Technically, with Evobikes I phone, then cycle there to pick up my goodies.  Have had brilliant service from them over the years :thumbup:

I find it compellingly strange that in the era of e-commerce and algorithms to determine such things as minimum stock and replenishment cycles that a store would run out of stock for any reason other than the manufacturer has problems with delivery. With the use of API's and web services, orders can and do get placed online daily, and payment is facilitated via the relevant payment gateways. To then still have issues with correct stock means merely that the store is using inferior e-commerce software, and its time to upgrade or face losing crucial business as customers lose confidence.

12 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I find it compellingly strange that in the era of e-commerce and algorithms to determine such things as minimum stock and replenishment cycles that a store would run out of stock for any reason other than the manufacturer has problems with delivery. With the use of API's and web services, orders can and do get placed online daily, and payment is facilitated via the relevant payment gateways. To then still have issues with correct stock means merely that the store is using inferior e-commerce software, and its time to upgrade or face losing crucial business as customers lose confidence.

With a steady supply chain it should be easy.

The last 18 months must have been seriously "trying" to be in sales.

And yes, it must hurt the image of these stores when the supply chain keeps dropping them.

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

And yes, it must hurt the image of these stores when the supply chain keeps dropping them.

You've always got an answer.

How is the world going to end? And when?

14 hours ago, ChrisF said:

I agree that a steady supply chain is key - that is why it is vital for the store to have clarity on stock that is available abundantly versus low inventory (which may be due to a spike in sales, or manufacturing issues) from a supplier. Of course, this assumes that the suppliers and manufacturers are playing ball and not selling their agents "pies in the sky" w.r.t. stock availability just to keep the order books full. In the end it's about suppliers having adequate stock visibility (for customers to know if their orders can be fulfilled, and if not immediately, then when and by how much). That should enable e-commerce platforms to have more accurate stock availability indicators to avoid scenes that lead to this thread. Or course, all this assumes that the relevant data is available and being used.

Edited by Robbie Stewart
clearing up some confusion

17 hours ago, Rolf Hansen said:

Ordered on Monday. Out for delivery in JHB this morning.

I always email Janos before ordering to ask if each item, their stock level never are updated, the other day the 28cm tyre showed 1 in stock and the 25mm out of stock, ended up being the opposite way around.

Unfortunately now if you are in a rush you have to ask them before placing an order to avoid surprises

Edited by Jbr