Evobikes Launch New Website

News bot

3 minutes ago, stefmeister said:

I'd rather deal with an online shop with limited options listed that are in stock/available, than one that lists every possible version, but nothing is in stock. Don't even want to mention bike-addict, but Evobikes ain't far off anymore.

except evobikes actually answer their emails AND give you real information as to when they will have the items ready for shipment. Not saying it's great, but it's what we have

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jbr said:

except evobikes actually answer their emails AND give you real information as to when they will have the items ready for shipment. Not saying it's great, but it's what we have

Still waiting for replies from 2020.

Last order was delivered within two days though. Old models of stuff so it was more likely to be in stock.

Naas emailed me last week Thursday and apologised for the whole debacle. 

He did not offer excuses and admitted that the problem was on their side and that the time it took and poor communication was unacceptable.

There was a mistake in their inventory system and they did not have the part in stock as was originally shown on their site. They ordered the part for me that would take at least 7 days to be delivered to them. This is the part where they should have communicated with me. I would not have had a problem waiting the extra couple of days if someone had just told me about the order or offered me a refund.

They received the part on Thursday morning and it was sent to me with overnight courier and arrived on Friday morning. Unfortunately it was the incorrect part and not what I ordered. Not ideal in the current situation but these things happen. I received a top headset assembly for a 1.5 and not a bottom headset assembly as ordered. This might sound like it could be the same part but the top comes without a crown race and the inside diameter is 38.1 instead of 40 for this reason. The Hope branding on it would also have been upside down had I been able to use it. Just for reference I ordered a Hope EC49/40 bottom headset assembly. 

They made a plan and collected a KCNC replacement alternative from a supplier and sent it by overnight courier to me on Friday but unfortunately it only got delivered today as it is a bit of a luck of the draw to get something delivered on a Saturday. This is the correct part and I have already fitted it to be sure.

Since I had spoken with Naas I was kept in the loop at all times which is exactly what I wanted from the beginning. I do believe that they learnt something form this and hopefully this will prevent this type of issue from occurring in the future.

38 minutes ago, Rolf Hansen said:

Naas emailed me last week Thursday and apologised for the whole debacle. 

He did not offer excuses and admitted that the problem was on their side and that the time it took and poor communication was unacceptable.

There was a mistake in their inventory system and they did not have the part in stock as was originally shown on their site. They ordered the part for me that would take at least 7 days to be delivered to them. This is the part where they should have communicated with me. I would not have had a problem waiting the extra couple of days if someone had just told me about the order or offered me a refund.

They received the part on Thursday morning and it was sent to me with overnight courier and arrived on Friday morning. Unfortunately it was the incorrect part and not what I ordered. Not ideal in the current situation but these things happen. I received a top headset assembly for a 1.5 and not a bottom headset assembly as ordered. This might sound like it could be the same part but the top comes without a crown race and the inside diameter is 38.1 instead of 40 for this reason. The Hope branding on it would also have been upside down had I been able to use it. Just for reference I ordered a Hope EC49/40 bottom headset assembly. 

They made a plan and collected a KCNC replacement alternative from a supplier and sent it by overnight courier to me on Friday but unfortunately it only got delivered today as it is a bit of a luck of the draw to get something delivered on a Saturday. This is the correct part and I have already fitted it to be sure.

Since I had spoken with Naas I was kept in the loop at all times which is exactly what I wanted from the beginning. I do believe that they learnt something form this and hopefully this will prevent this type of issue from occurring in the future.

It is all how people learn and deal with their mistakes that would set them apart from the rest.

16 minutes ago, Hairy said:

It is all how people learn and deal with their mistakes that would set them apart from the rest.

Exactly. The general attitude of Naas and they way they dealt with it impressed me. 

20 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Next time you want anything from Hope, order from www.custombikes.co.za. 

They are the importers and based in JHB

They did not have stock of what I needed unfortunately.

9 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

Next time you want anything from Hope, order from www.custombikes.co.za. 

They are the importers and based in JHB

And they are just as useless at comms, not to mention how little they actually know about their own product lines lol. Id rather ‘pay’ someone else to deal with that incompetence on my behalf.