Bike Addict

DR ◣◢

How was your experience?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Did Bike Addict provide you with good service?

• Yes
    • No
    • What service?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They really need to improve there interface. Items need to show qty on hand when you place an order / quote. Cant email each time asking of this or that is in fact in stock. It will not be cheap but convert to a proper online system, like Rapide, love these guys, amazing service, easy check out system, the list goes on. 

Ok, so no response to my query on some flat pedals. 

So then how does their system work if I place an order for the pedals and a jersey for my wife, as you can select the size of the jersey?

So then how does their system work if I place an order for the pedals and a jersey for my wife, as you can select the size of the jersey?

It's clear by now that they don't carry anything in stock. They will phone their suppliers and ask if stock is available and then send you the quote. 

The best thing for me was, I ordered some Fox long riding pants from them, they didn't have stock but ended up sending me the cheaper Fox pants instead of telling me no stock and the price difference was close to 1k. Was weird.

Edited by Hello Ruan

Been waiting for two weeks for query on long fingers Fox gloves, still no response.

Sent them a mail on the 4th of Jan with no response since. Also been in store and hang around for 10mins, no one tried to assist me so I left. Spent my money elsewhere 

Had a great experience with Corrie from Bike Addict.

Reached out to them through Instagram, organized the bike to be boxed, shipped with all extras and a couple freebies thrown in.

Arrived at my door two days after payment, ready to ride !

I had two encounters with them, both was just to see how much they would offer me for the bikes I had. The one I filled out the forms online then got a mail asking for images and then everything went quiet. I ended up selling the bike and spending the money on other stuff only to get a reply to ask how much I was looking for the bike  :eek:.

The second one did not even get to the images bit, I sold the bike and spent the money before they could ask me for kiekies  :blink:

The mind boggles

I've used them a couple of times, thought their service was good enough, considering everything in this country.

Something I am not happy about this time around; I added some marked down items on the website to my basket, only to be told that the prices with suppliers have gone up.

Almost added R1500 to my original order - I just left it and will wait for a special deal when it arrives again.

I do want to support them more.

I've used them a couple of times, thought their service was good enough, considering everything in this country.

Something I am not happy about this time around; I added some marked down items on the website to my basket, only to be told that the prices with suppliers have gone up.

Almost added R1500 to my original order - I just left it and will wait for a special deal when it arrives again.

I do want to support them more.

You win the best avatar of 2021 award

Sounds like this has become a thread of people just complaining about their emails falling through the cracks. If you want something and they're not replying then just call them instead of just sitting there "diklip".

Before 2014 you had CWC/cycle lab and Solomon cycles, with not much bargaining power on getting new kit. Now you have people like Evo bikes and Bikeaddict that one can use as well to get the best prices, it takes some effort navigating all of that but it's a hell of a lot better than a few years ago when you were just dependent on your local bike shop sorting you out.