MTB Baggies

Bjorn881

I'm looking for recommendations for brands and models of baggies for trail/enduro style riding? Ideally without or with a removable a liner/chamois and below R1k, is this feasible in today's market for a decent quality pair of baggies with prices having skyrocketed recently? Lastly if you know off hand, where in Cape Town stocks the brand you recommend as I'd ideally like to try on a pair for fit before purchasing them?

I searched the forum and the results are all from 2+ years ago, at that stage Indola, Westpeak, Endura and Fox seemed to be the most recommended brands, but most of the common sizes (M/L and 34/36) of the first two aforementioned brands seem to be out of stock online and the latter are all priced at R1500+!

Edited by Bjorn881

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for recommendations for brands and models of baggies for trail/enduro style riding? Ideally without a liner/chamois and below R1k, is this feasible in today's market for a decent quality pair of baggies? Lastly if you know off hand, where in Cape Town stocks the brand you recommend as I'd ideally like to try on a pair for fit before purchasing them?

I searched the forum and the results are all from 2+ years ago, at that stage Indola, Westpeak and Fox seemed to be the most recommended brands, but most of the common sizes (M/L and 34/36) of the first two aforementioned brands seem to be out of stock online though and the latter are all priced around R1500!

I wear a 44 and cannot find anything sadly.

Ended up getting anatomic baggies, no liner or padding, just a nice fitting thick fabric, it is surprisingly durable considering its stretchy lycra type material.

https://weardirect.co.za/shop/mens-cycling/mens-black-baggies/

at the price worth a gamble no? 

I wish they made them in longs.

I have a surface vericose that is prone to rupturing for any little bump and that really has me worried for the trail.

Enjoy Reptilia currently on sale on their website.....

Otherwise Vye make rad shorts too, also on their website.

No liner in either, but IMHO two of the best options.

Gear has dramatically increased in price. Trying to find baggies and inner for under R1000 is going to be a stretch.

I got lucky on OneDay only with Dakine baggies, no inner, for R1100 (I think) otherwise most brands are close to 2k for a pair of frikking shorts.

I wear padded lycra under the baggies. The Fox inner for trail rides under 50km up to Assos Cento for Gravel grinding over 100km. All depends on actual time on the saddle

harregat...

I'm looking for recommendations for brands and models of baggies for trail/enduro style riding? Ideally without or with a removable a liner/chamois and below R1k, is this feasible in today's market for a decent quality pair of baggies with prices having skyrocketed recently? Lastly if you know off hand, where in Cape Town stocks the brand you recommend as I'd ideally like to try on a pair for fit before purchasing them?

I searched the forum and the results are all from 2+ years ago, at that stage Indola, Westpeak, Endura and Fox seemed to be the most recommended brands, but most of the common sizes (M/L and 34/36) of the first two aforementioned brands seem to be out of stock online and the latter are all priced at R1500+!

Where are you based?

So...Baggies.

I have ridden the older Indola and Fox Ranger as well as the newer versions.

Both over the R1000 point at present, Fox more so.

Recently I happened across the Titan Racing MTB Baggies for, I dunno, about R700 with chamois...

They are great, held up to falls too, comfortable as all hell, removable and comfy chamois (I seldom ride with a chamois), light, stretchy...and cheap.

I also rode for years with Indola. There fabric is thick, like super strong. They started looking old, tired, so got fox rangers as well, but they longer, almost by the knee. The thing with baggies is the way it looks when its on your, sometimes they flare, cant really explain it. If i had to look again i would have normal wrestle mania outfit and find non padded skinnier fitting pants to put over mania...