New iOS dropped? (iOS14)

Cois

My phone yesterday notified me of iOS 14.1.

Downloaded it last night. So I take it the iPhone 12 was released in non Sh*thole (as per Trump) countries...

??

Being released on Friday.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that bit is what made me decide to upgrade to the best I could afford. This must now last me until the 11 is no longer supported. Then I’ll repeat the process again. So while I’m paying R799 for 24 months, I’ll only be paying for data and airtime thereafter. I buy 2Gb at a time and it lasts up to 4 months (MTN data4keeps).

There are cheaper options out there, but I prefer iOS to Android... personal preference.

How on earth do you use so little data?

Is it worth going for the XR.

My 7 is dying a slow death over here with a broken screen and random stuttering. Battery life is also not the best anymore.

I won’t take one on contract. Rather spend the R15k and balance it out over 24 months.

My 7 is dying a slow death over here with a broken screen and random stuttering. Battery life is also not the best anymore.

I won’t take one on contract. Rather spend the R15k and balance it out over 24 months.

I have the XR and I am happy with it. The only issue is the battery. The phone is 24 months old in December and the battery health stands on 91%.

My wife has the 1st SE and that is 5 or more year's old, and that still has a battery health status of 91%

The only downside is size and weight. Will go for a 12 mini if I can because I do not like large phones.

I have gorilla paws and the plus size phones are a must.

I am a little worried that it is 3 generations +- old now

Then again my 7 is moving towards 5 years now and my battery health is at 77%.

It really is time for me.

My iphone 7 is also begging for an upgrade...Battery needs charging at least twice a day. 

Should I go for the SE or wait and see if 11 prices drop when 12 is released? What is the anticipated price for the "cheaper/smaller" 12?

Also contemplated trying a samsung galaxy S10/20, just to have ANT+ to use on zwift. Decisions decisions...

FNB has some deals on the XS for R999 per month but somehow that seems expensive to me.

You can also buy a phone via FNB on the iStore but that goes into your credit card budget at 7%. Not a bad option but I swore I’d never have more than a R10000 limit on my credit card again after paying off the R100k I managed to get myself into

Ugh. Guess I’m waiting for MTN to release pricing next month for contacts.

I have the XR. Great phone, but you are investing long bucks in something that is already a couple of generations old.

The global price on the 11 is down already, don’t know how that will affect SA prices, but the 11 is a great phone

My iphone 7 is also begging for an upgrade...Battery needs charging at least twice a day.

Should I go for the SE or wait and see if 11 prices drop when 12 is released? What is the anticipated price for the "cheaper/smaller" 12?

Also contemplated trying a samsung galaxy S10/20, just to have ANT+ to use on zwift. Decisions decisions...

i am also waiting to see if the 11 will have a price drop and compare that to the 12 Mini. I know the 12 mini will take a hit on battery life because of the form factor.

How on earth do you use so little data?

I have WiFi at home, so keep non-essential browsing for then. Tapatalk (for this forum) helps keep my data usage during the day to minimum.

Non-essentials apps are mostly social media and app updates

Edit: no WiFi at work either, so I tend to keep my phone in my pocket for most of the day.

Edited by Frosty