Fenix 6X Pro Black?

rival

I wear my Fenix 3 (not Sapphire and not even the HR) permanently. It's still going strong, but I'm tempted by the 6. Would prefer the Gray Sapphire, but $$$$. I understand the screen on the 6X Pro is less scratch resistant, but anybody have an opinion on the quality of the black finish on the 6X Pro? My Fenix 3 is years old and still looks good. The gray hides the scratches quite well, so bit concerned about how well the black is going to handle the day to day bumps and scratches.

The 6X pro is definitely the one to go for, has all the good features, and that awesome new bigger high res display. No sure where the advice comes from, but anodised stainless steel will always scratch easily. Ive always had the silver which doesn't suffer from the scratches i see on the coloured versions.

If you are aiming to keep the watch for 3-5years, the sapphire glass is a must - the extra R2k amortised over that period is an easy justification. 

The solar is a total gimmick - not sure why anyone would give up on the display size and clarity to introduce a power source as inefficient. (just my 2c, dont judge).

I went from 5x+ to 6x Sapphire, no regrets at all. I would not get the pro version (no sapphire) without putting a glass protector on it.

• 2 months later...

To the guys that have the Fenix6, do you perhaps know why when you record a swim Strava doesn't display the SPM (Swim Stroke). It does on Garmin Connect.

To the guys that have the Fenix6, do you perhaps know why when you record a swim Strava doesn't display the SPM (Swim Stroke). It does on Garmin Connect.

I dont think it displays the SPM from any device, my Suunto didnt have it either even though Movescount did.

I dont think it displays the SPM from any device, my Suunto didnt have it either even though Movescount did.

It does actually, its the only reason why I queried it, saw it on 2 of my mates Activities, one uses a Garmin Forerunner 920XT & the other a Forerunner 935

It does actually, its the only reason why I queried it, saw it on 2 of my mates Activities, one uses a Garmin Forerunner 920XT & the other a Forerunner 935

Maybe ask your mates?

Also it could be forerunner specific all of the ranges has their own things.

I've never got a stroke rate or count in Strava using either the Forerunner 935 or 945 (both using the swim strap or not). Not sure how your mates got it.

Maybe ask your mates?

Also it could be forerunner specific all of the ranges has their own things.

I asked both & they were clueless.

I wear my Fenix 3 (not Sapphire and not even the HR) permanently. It's still going strong, but I'm tempted by the 6. Would prefer the Gray Sapphire, but $$$$. I understand the screen on the 6X Pro is less scratch resistant, but anybody have an opinion on the quality of the black finish on the 6X Pro? My Fenix 3 is years old and still looks good. The gray hides the scratches quite well, so bit concerned about how well the black is going to handle the day to day bumps and scratches.

If your 3 fulfills all your requirements then keep yr money til the next version comes out which should be in Spetember. 

If however, you are itching for a new one, the 6 is a mighty mighty mighty fine device. I will wear mine til it dies and that is hopefully far in the future.

I would def go for saphire glass models, either the 6 or larger one depending on your wrist size. 

Edited by IceCreamMan

I also logged a call with Strava let's see if they respond I'll keep you posted. The only thing SPM related I could find on their forums was for Rowing.

I also logged a call with Strava let's see if they respond I'll keep you posted. The only thing SPM related I could find on their forums was for Rowing.

Possibly premium (subscribed) members only?

I know it's a k*k one and the long way but can't you export your file and upload it on Strava if you want to keep track on Strava just a thought.