MarcHD

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got my act together a few weeks ago and had Black Sheep Bikes sort out the bearings for me .. turns out it was just the f/hub bearings and BSB took care of business ... including making a custom tool to remove the outer race from the shell as the rest of the bloody bearings had blown apart.

So all is good in the world now ... then it took me another week or two to get a gap between work and life to fit the rotor again and check everything ... the YT feels good to be rolling again and just feel right.

Hello all,

It's been a while, and we hope all of you are as ready for winter as we are!

I am pleased to inform [some of] you that Get Stoked Distribution will hence forth be making select DT Swiss spares and tools available direct to public via our B2C portal: Get Stoked Online

As is our business model, you will still be required to select a store from our list of premium partners with whom you wish to support, however this initiative simply means those of you experiencing little to no success in obtaining your required spares and/or tools will now be able to order them conveniently.

These tools and spares can be found on the following page of our online portal:

https://getstokedonline.co.za/product-category/wheels/wheel-accessories/

Get Stoked has been working tirelessly toward better local representation and support for DT Swiss by way of implementing the first phase of our official DT Swiss dealer network in which many stores are now carrying multiple essential spares in order to offer potentially same day servicing for most DT Swiss related services. 

We of course highly recommend you first check with your local dealer on whether they are able to supply and/or support you with quick and comprehensive DT Swiss related servicing before attempting repairs at home.

If however, you still wish to opt to do your own home servicing, this initiative will be right up your street and we encourage anyone who would wish to attempt their own repairs to get in touch with us should you have any questions or further info required.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

It's been a while, and we hope all of you are as ready for winter as we are!

I am pleased to inform [some of] you that Get Stoked Distribution will hence forth be making select DT Swiss spares and tools available direct to public via our B2C portal: Get Stoked Online

As is our business model, you will still be required to select a store from our list of premium partners with whom you wish to support, however this initiative simply means those of you experiencing little to no success in obtaining your required spares and/or tools will now be able to order them conveniently.

These tools and spares can be found on the following page of our online portal:

https://getstokedonline.co.za/product-category/wheels/wheel-accessories/

Get Stoked has been working tirelessly toward better local representation and support for DT Swiss by way of implementing the first phase of our official DT Swiss dealer network in which many stores are now carrying multiple essential spares in order to offer potentially same day servicing for most DT Swiss related services. 

We of course highly recommend you first check with your local dealer on whether they are able to supply and/or support you with quick and comprehensive DT Swiss related servicing before attempting repairs at home.

If however, you still wish to opt to do your own home servicing, this initiative will be right up your street and we encourage anyone who would wish to attempt their own repairs to get in touch with us should you have any questions or further info required.

Cheers!

Great stuff......what happened to one of the most knowledgeable & experienced wheel builders in Africa....Doug Patterson ? Sure you guy can get him to assist. #getdougback #dtswiss

Hi Marc

I have a set of 350 hubs with a microspline free hub. The other day I noticed that when the wheel is removed there is axial play on the free hub. Once the wheel is clamped in place this stops as the end cap is pushed tight.

Is this normal?

Thanks.

Hi Marc

I have a set of 350 hubs with a microspline free hub. The other day I noticed that when the wheel is removed there is axial play on the free hub. Once the wheel is clamped in place this stops as the end cap is pushed tight.

Is this normal?

Thanks.

Hi there!

Yes, it is perfectly normal for there to be a small amount of axial play, particularly on the 350 models, and is nothing to worry about.

This axial play is roughly 1mm, maybe 2mm at most.

Hope this helps

Great stuff......what happened to one of the most knowledgeable & experienced wheel builders in Africa....Doug Patterson ? Sure you guy can get him to assist. #getdougback #dtswiss

Can't say I have had the pleasure of meeting Doug Patterson, perhaps he is fully retired now?

Hi there!

Yes, it is perfectly normal for there to be a small amount of axial play, particularly on the 350 models, and is nothing to worry about.

This axial play is roughly 1mm, maybe 2mm at most.

Hope this helps

Thanks Marc, thought as much but it is good to have confirmation

Can't say I have had the pleasure of meeting Doug Patterson, perhaps he is fully retired now?

Nope....actually still doing some work for selected JHB based stores.....you guys need to get hold of Doug Patterson.

Hey there!

I’m a cross country racer and I’m buying a Scott spark end of this year... I’m not anywhere close to an expert on components so what’s the best hub and wheel setup I can get? I want a light pair but I’m hard on my wheels too. (I want 30mm rims and carbon wheels)... that’s about all I know.

I’m not going with original parts in the Scott, gonna do a custom build.

Can you help?

Hey there!

I’m a cross country racer and I’m buying a Scott spark end of this year... I’m not anywhere close to an expert on components so what’s the best hub and wheel setup I can get? I want a light pair but I’m hard on my wheels too. (I want 30mm rims and carbon wheels)... that’s about all I know.

I’m not going with original parts in the Scott, gonna do a custom build.

Can you help?

Hi Joshua, 

Thanks for your interest and for reaching out to us.

We currently do stock a DT Swiss wheelset that exactly meets your requirements in the form of the XRC 1200 wheels.

These use carbon 30mm rims laced to DT's top of the range 180 model hub and are what Nino Schurter used to win multiple world cup races. They also come with a lifetime warranty and crash replacement policy.

You can find out more about these wheels on our direct to consumer portal here where we are currently doing a special on them:

https://getstokedonline.co.za/product/dt-swiss-xrc-1200-spline-29er-wheelset/

Alternatively, if these wheels aren't for you, we can gladly get in touch with your dealer with whom you are purchasing your new Scott and discuss options with them to help get exactly what you are after.

Hope this helps 

Edited by MarcHD

Hi.

I have changed the freehub of my c 360 hub from XD to normal Shimano freebody. (Sram cassettes are just too expensive...lol)

I used a thin ordinary grease between the two ratchets and not the DT recommended grease.

Can this cause harm or damage to the hub?

Hi.

I have changed the freehub of my c 360 hub from XD to normal Shimano freebody. (Sram cassettes are just too expensive...lol)

I used a thin ordinary grease between the two ratchets and not the DT recommended grease.

Can this cause harm or damage to the hub?

Hi there,

It is imperative that DT's special grease always be used in the servicing of Star Ratchet, Ratchet EXP and Ratchet LN systems.

It is important to note that in the event that your ratchets suffered a premature malfunction, DT Swiss would not cover this malfunction under warranty. 

Our suggestion is to source the special grease from your LBS or through our recently updated B2C portal and replace the standard grease with this special grease immediately to avoid any potential issues.

You can find the special grease on our site here:

https://getstokedonline.co.za/product/dt-swiss-special-grease-for-ratchet-system-hubs-20g/

Alternatively I get hold of your preferred LBS and send the product to them directly for you. 

Regards,

Hi there,

It is imperative that DT's special grease always be used in the servicing of Star Ratchet, Ratchet EXP and Ratchet LN systems.

It is important to note that in the event that your ratchets suffered a premature malfunction, DT Swiss would not cover this malfunction under warranty. 

Our suggestion is to source the special grease from your LBS or through our recently updated B2C portal and replace the standard grease with this special grease immediately to avoid any potential issues.

You can find the special grease on our site here:

https://getstokedonline.co.za/product/dt-swiss-special-grease-for-ratchet-system-hubs-20g/

Alternatively I get hold of your preferred LBS and send the product to them directly for you. 

Regards,

Out of interest Marc, what makes this grease so special?