MarcHD

On 8/6/2021 at 3:37 PM, Alouette3 said:

Rebuilt my wheels with new rims, hassle was mostly with undoing the straight pull spokes, once cleaned and lubed had surprisingly little hassle with the straight pull spokes spinning. Used a strip of masking tape as a flag to track any spinning or twisting.

Double like your masking tape trick

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good day

I've got a set of DT Swiss wheels that I would like to replace the bearings on, but would like to do so myself.

The hubs are 340's from a set of M1700 Spline 2 wheels. How do I source the correct bearings and are there any specials tools I need to acquire in order to do the job?

Thanks,

Trashy

25 minutes ago, Trashy said:

Good day

I've got a set of DT Swiss wheels that I would like to replace the bearings on, but would like to do so myself.

The hubs are 340's from a set of M1700 Spline 2 wheels. How do I source the correct bearings and are there any specials tools I need to acquire in order to do the job?

Thanks,

Trashy

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

All our product pages have a hyperlink out to the correlating DT Swiss service page where you can find all the applicable spares required.

Example: https://getstokedonline.co.za/product/dt-swiss-350-6-bolt-boost-disc-rear-hubs-148mm-xd/

In the link you will see the following products and tools are required for a basic service:

- Special Grease

- Lockring removal tool

- Locking (if required)

- 6902 bearing tool 

- 6902 bearings (if required)

- Spacer (if required)

There are additional tools and spares required for a complete overhaul, however some of these are not yet listed on our consumer direct portal due to their low value and therefore would require my sending these parts to your preferred local dealer.

Here is a link on how to service the hubs: 

Hope this helps - please feel free to get in touch should you have any further questions.

Edited by MarcHD

1 hour ago, MarcHD said:

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

All our product pages have a hyperlink out to the correlating DT Swiss service page where you can find all the applicable spares required.

Example: https://getstokedonline.co.za/product/dt-swiss-350-6-bolt-boost-disc-rear-hubs-148mm-xd/

In the link you will see the following products and tools are required for a basic service:

- Special Grease

- Lockring removal tool

- Locking (if required)

- 6902 bearing tool 

- 6902 bearings (if required)

- Spacer (if required)

There are additional tools and spares required for a complete overhaul, however some of these are not yet listed on our consumer direct portal due to their low value and therefore would require my sending these parts to your preferred local dealer.

Here is a link on how to service the hubs: 

Hope this helps - please feel free to get in touch should you have any further questions.

Thanks for the information and the links provided. Does the 340 use the same parts as the 350?

I have struggled to find information about the 350 straight pull hubs online.

On 9/28/2021 at 1:21 PM, MarcHD said:

Hello Hubbers!

Been a while...

Just thought I would remind everyone of the existence of this forum/thread should there be any questions, technical or general, pertaining to DT Swiss that we can perhaps assist with.

Stay well!

I'm looking for spokes;

double butted or aerolight or aero comp

305mm x30off

303mm x 30off

#canyouhelp?

18 minutes ago, Trashy said:

Thanks for the information and the links provided. Does the 340 use the same parts as the 350?

I have struggled to find information about the 350 straight pull hubs online.

Hi there, 

Are you sure it's a 340? The M1700 spline 2 traditionally has a 350 hub, but regardless they are both using the same internals so the links I provided are all applicable. 

12 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I'm looking for spokes;

double butted or aerolight or aero comp

305mm x30off

303mm x 30off

#canyouhelp?

Hi Diesel,

Unfortunately we don't have these lengths in stock right now so we would have to special order for you. 

Depending on how quickly we can fill an order (just couriering the spokes would result in exorbitant shipping costs) we can usually get special orders in relatively quickly (2 weeks) let me get back to you on Monday once we have looked at the best solution here

2 hours ago, MarcHD said:

Hi there, 

Are you sure it's a 340? The M1700 spline 2 traditionally has a 350 hub, but regardless they are both using the same internals so the links I provided are all applicable. 

I'm not sure!

When I looked at the specs page for my bike, the hubs were listed as 340's, but I could find little else that corroborated that.

I will treat them as 350's and report back if I have any trouble.

Thanks for the help.

45 minutes ago, Trashy said:

I'm not sure!

When I looked at the specs page for my bike, the hubs were listed as 340's, but I could find little else that corroborated that.

I will treat them as 350's and report back if I have any trouble.

Thanks for the help.

No problem, hope you come right!

• 5 months later...

Hi all, I'm on the hunt for hen's teeth again, in the form of 9mm Thru Axle end caps for my 240 front hub. Weird fork = weird problems. I believe this image attached is the correct kit, please let me know if anybody has a set lying around.

dt-swiss-umruestkit-9-mm-thru-bolt_1.jpg

Hi Nico,

Are you able to confirm whether your hub is 6bolt or centrelock? 

I had a look at DT Swiss' service centre stock and we would be able to special order in the CL version for you, but the end caps for 6bolt are sadly out of stock for now

On 3/11/2022 at 11:08 AM, MarcHD said:

Hi Nico,

Are you able to confirm whether your hub is 6bolt or centrelock? 

I had a look at DT Swiss' service centre stock and we would be able to special order in the CL version for you, but the end caps for 6bolt are sadly out of stock for now

Hi Marc, it's a centre lock hub - my wheelset is an older Bontrager XXX 29", which I believe has 240 hubs? https://www.trekbikes.com/international/en_IN_TL/equipment/cycling-components/bike-wheels/mountain-bike-wheels-wheelsets/bontrager-xxx-29-tlr-disc-mtb-wheel/p/11445/

12 minutes ago, Nico van Loggerenberg said:

Hi Marc, it's a centre lock hub - my wheelset is an older Bontrager XXX 29", which I believe has 240 hubs? https://www.trekbikes.com/international/en_IN_TL/equipment/cycling-components/bike-wheels/mountain-bike-wheels-wheelsets/bontrager-xxx-29-tlr-disc-mtb-wheel/p/11445/

Hi Nico,

Perfect, we can order these for you then with a turn around of about 3 weeks.

You would be looking at an MSRP of R850 incl. but this will vary from store to store - let me know if you have a preferred LBS which I can reach out to in this regard

On 3/14/2022 at 10:01 AM, MarcHD said:

Hi Nico,

Perfect, we can order these for you then with a turn around of about 3 weeks.

You would be looking at an MSRP of R850 incl. but this will vary from store to store - let me know if you have a preferred LBS which I can reach out to in this regard

Thanks, I will send you a PM. 

On 9/28/2021 at 1:21 PM, MarcHD said:

Hello Hubbers!

Been a while...

Just thought I would remind everyone of the existence of this forum/thread should there be any questions, technical or general, pertaining to DT Swiss that we can perhaps assist with.

Stay well!

Hi Marc

The gravel wheels on a Specialized Diverge - do you know what hubs they use ? I see that they are G540 rims.
And what sort of weight limit would there be on those 24 spoke wheels ?

How would they compare to the DT Swiss G 1800 wheels ?
I am a fairly solid 95kg, so am always concerned about that...

So, I was thinking of going 28 hole hubs with your GR 531 rims, but you only seem to have them in 24 hole configuration.