Beginner Rider PE

Chere Donian

Looking for any other beginner riders who might want to cycle from Grassroof on the Seaview Road about 15km’s. Female and don’t want to go alone and scared of traffic to cycle in town????

• 4 weeks later...

Is your mind set on road cycling? There is a massive mountain biking community in PE with lots of scheduled rides. If you do end up cycling that road be careful, I know of quite a few fatalities.

Edited by edzy143

Beautiful stretch of road that. I have cycled it on a number of occasions. Find a buddy as there have been some incidents along that road in the past.

Wish I could cycle it now actually. Welcome to cycling, it’s a great sport.

Beautiful stretch of road that. I have cycled it on a number of occasions. Find a buddy as there have been some incidents along that road in the past.

Wish I could cycle it now actually. Welcome to cycling, it’s a great sport.

Mine is actually a mountain bike..maybe next time you in PE we can maybe go for a cycle

Send a PM with your details, will let you know then

Edited by edzy143

The Seaview Road can be a bit dangerous; the cars fly down there.  If you are looking for a quieter road, that is also quite flat, and can start from Grassroof, then cycle along Sardinia Bay Road.  You can turn around at Skoenies, or if you want to do a longer distance, go along Marine Drive.

The Seaview Road can be a bit dangerous; the cars fly down there. If you are looking for a quieter road, that is also quite flat, and can start from Grassroof, then cycle along Sardinia Bay Road. You can turn around at Skoenies, or if you want to do a longer distance, go along Marine Drive.

I see you are on MTB, tomorrow 6;30 from Virgin Active Lorraine the TITS(time in the saddle) group ride to St. Albans Church for pancakes etc at the open air market. Gravel and tar non technical and flat route about 50km with beginners on all rides looked after and nobody gets left behind. You can also join from Kragga Kamma Checkers 6:45 for a bit shorter route. Both places have safe parking.

Just pitch up in time and introduce yourself, you will enjoy the ride.

The Seaview Road can be a bit dangerous; the cars fly down there. If you are looking for a quieter road, that is also quite flat, and can start from Grassroof, then cycle along Sardinia Bay Road. You can turn around at Skoenies, or if you want to do a longer distance, go along Marine Drive.

Not if you are a female riding alone. That stretch of road is getting a bit of a bad reputation with the recent robberies. There are even signs warning that it is a high crime area.

I see you are on MTB, tomorrow 6;30 from Virgin Active Lorraine the TITS(time in the saddle) group ride to St. Albans Church for pancakes etc at the open air market. Gravel and tar non technical and flat route about 50km with beginners on all rides looked after and nobody gets left behind. You can also join from Kragga Kamma Checkers 6:45 for a bit shorter route. Both places have safe parking.

Just pitch up in time and introduce yourself, you will enjoy the ride.