Scam: Offshore oil rig worker

dhameer

same scammer contacted me : 

His e-mail address : csmit65@yahoo.com

E-mail : 

Hi 

Thanks for your email. I am really interested in buying this as a surprise for my cousin, only if you can assure me that everything is in order. I am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore, I want this to be a surprise for my cousin, so I won't let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him. It will be a secure payment via Skrill as I'm on a rig offshore. So, let me know if you have an account with Skrill so I can arrange for the payment asap. Please note, a pickup agent will be coming for the pickup once I have made the payment.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he also makes the skrill e-mails look legit however they originate from : 

skrill.funds@accountant.com

Guys' name is Christopher Smit

Edited by Rm85wp

I really hope this kind of guy stumbles upon one of my adverts....

Two big Rhodesian Ridgebacks moved in with the new couple next door. The finest specimen of Dog S%$^ will be packaged for him to be couriered via the Pickup agent. Vacuum packed to preserve the texture and aromas.

As I sit here, I am onboard a Drillship , drilling offshore Angola.....I can assure you that the position of "Petroleum Engineer" does not exist and in my 20 years at sea, I have never heard of this position/rank.

Secondly we have the same internet access as onshore (slower), so no funny excuses for making payments. I use my bank app daily, Snapscan, Zapper the lot. 

Any stupid excuse when it comes to payments must always be seen as a potential scam. 

he also makes the skrill e-mails look legit however they originate from : 

skrill.funds@accountant.com

Guys' name is Christopher Smit

just a suspicion... I don't think the guys real name is Christopher Smit  :whistling:  

As I sit here, I am onboard a Drillship , drilling offshore Angola.....I can assure you that the position of "Petroleum Engineer" does not exist and in my 20 years at sea, I have never heard of this position/rank.

Secondly we have the same internet access as onshore (slower), so no funny excuses for making payments. I use my bank app daily, Snapscan, Zapper the lot.

Any stupid excuse when it comes to payments must always be seen as a potential scam.

Do you know my cousin?

He also works on an oil rig....been promising me a bicycle for years...

Edited by Markellis

Do you know my cousin?

Yes, friendly guy. Please send my regards, Its really sad that you never got to enjoy the bike that was promised ... Next time Edited by Mohs

Do you know my cousin?

. Your cousin one contacted me regarding a bike, bit he never pitched when I arranged a meeting.

if you ever buy something here, please tell the oke that you're legit on an oilrig offshore.

send proof alles.

would be interesting to see how it goes

if you ever buy something here, please tell the oke that you're legit on an oilrig offshore.

send proof alles.

would be interesting to see how it goes

Nah, after these idiots started there Scam, I try to keep my buying and selling for when I am home. If I see something lekke, I ask a fellow hubber to buy it on my behalf. Worked well so far. Only once I had to send fotos to a seller and explain I am legit... Plus I shared live whatsapp location with him... Anyway atleast my reviews are good, so that helps.

I am more than happy to volunteer to set up a meeting with him and "make the problem disappear"... HAHA 

Can think of a few things we could do with seat posts, or bike riding without saddles... 

Edited by Mark James

Do you know my cousin?

Comment of the week? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. 

This scam is still active.

1. First "Christopher Smit " requests you to contact him on email via whatsapp from this number: 076 417 2491

2. After reaching out to him per email, he sends this from email: smitc12@yahoo.com

Hope you are well. I am really interested in buying this as a surprise for my cousin, only if you can assure me that everything is in order. I am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore, I want this to be a surprise for my cousin, so I won't let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him. It will be a secure payment via Skrill as I'm on a rig offshore. So, let me know if you have an account with Skrill so I can arrange for the payment asap. Please note, a pickup agent will be coming for the pickup once I have made the payment.

3. Then hopefully you see this is fishy because of the long story, he can't be there to view, strange payment scheme etc.

Regards

Louis