Scam: Offshore oil rig worker

dhameer

Are they just copying and pasting that BS 1000's of times a day to various emails, ai shame

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The offshore guy also tried with me late last year .I reported the matter to SKRILL who did nothing as well as SAPs whi said they could do nothing as these scams were a dime a dozen. I also reported to GUMTREE .

The offshore guy also tried with me late last year .I reported the matter to SKRILL who did nothing as well as SAPs whi said they could do nothing as these scams were a dime a dozen. I also reported to GUMTREE .

This scammer contacted me today after I posted an ad on Gumtree. 

Luckily this comment section immediately pops up when you search his name on Google. Plus everything about him gave me red flags. 

The scammer Christopher Smit -csmit65@yahoo.com- is still active. Tried to rip us off this morning via Facebook in response to our ad, posing as offshore petroleum engineer, and suggested opening Skrill account. Thanks to posts on this forum he didn’t succeed. Be careful of this person

• 2 weeks later...

same scammer contacted me : 

His e-mail address : csmit65@yahoo.com

E-mail : 

Hi 

Thanks for your email. I am really interested in buying this as a surprise for my cousin, only if you can assure me that everything is in order. I am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore, I want this to be a surprise for my cousin, so I won't let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him. It will be a secure payment via Skrill as I'm on a rig offshore. So, let me know if you have an account with Skrill so I can arrange for the payment asap. Please note, a pickup agent will be coming for the pickup once I have made the payment.

same scammer contacted me : 

His e-mail address : csmit65@yahoo.com

E-mail : 

Hi 

Thanks for your email. I am really interested in buying this as a surprise for my cousin, only if you can assure me that everything is in order. I am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore, I want this to be a surprise for my cousin, so I won't let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him. It will be a secure payment via Skrill as I'm on a rig offshore. So, let me know if you have an account with Skrill so I can arrange for the payment asap. Please note, a pickup agent will be coming for the pickup once I have made the payment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The same person contacted me and asked to email him on csmit65@yahoo.com.

Thank you for having this scam alert so that others can be warned as well!

One of them tried to scam me recently on Gumtree for an old couch. It's not a big ticket item (R 2000) and yet they felt it was worthwhile enough to try and scam for it. The story wasn't quite the oil rig worker, but the core elements were all there just with some colours changed.

Hi Guys,

FYI - Scammer is still at it ... popped me an email two days ago.

christophersmit300@yahoo.com
"I am really interested in buying this as a surprise for my cousin, only if you can assure me that everything is in order. I am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore, I want this to be a surprise for my cousin so I won't let him know anything about this until it gets delivered to him. It will be a secure payment via payoneer as I'm on a rig offshore. So let me know if you have an account with payoneer so I can arrange for the payment asap. Please note, a pick up agent will be coming for the pick up once I have made the payment."

On 4/15/2021 at 9:29 PM, chrisa1618@gmail.com said:

Iv got a copy of his ID. Can someone not report him?

obviously the guy chrismitxxxx@yahoo/gmail is not actually chris smit.

so basically some poor chris smit has his ID being used by this scammer?

that must suck potentially if it continues

Not sure what's worse, that these guys are still using the same scam or that there's still people falling for this scam.