rebuilding older version of Crank Brothers Egg Beaters?

Zebra

Hi - LBS advises me OLDER version of Crank Brothers Egg Beaters cannot be rebuilt, since the bushing and cartridge ball bearing kit is no longer available?

Anyone know where I might SOURCE a rebuild kit; I did 2 or 3 Epics back in the day on these, so I am a little ’attached’ to them!

Thanks
Chris

Edited by Zebra

Contact Isiko Sports, they are the agents for Cane Creek. If anyone will have a rebuild kit in a drawer somewhere it will be them.

Many thanks, that is a great help, appreciated!

Chris

Contact Isiko Sports, they are the agents for Cane Creek. If anyone will have a rebuild kit in a drawer somewhere it will be them.

just curious, why would a Cane Creek agent have CrankBrothers spares laying in a drawer? Did they do an independent service kit as I'd like a few spare kits for my EB3Ti

thanks, ISIKO sports ARE agents for Cane Creek, but not Crank Brothers, so I will call Omnico...

Cheers, Chris

I literally have a set in my draw. If you don't come right send me a DM. Will have to send from JHB though.

thanks, could you HOLD them for a day or two, until OMNICO (agents) come back to me? No problem collecting them from you -  let me know what you want for the 'rebuilt kit? Cheers, Chris 072 211 7725

just curious, why would a Cane Creek agent have CrankBrothers spares laying in a drawer? Did they do an independent service kit as I'd like a few spare kits for my EB3Ti

Well, crap, oops. My bad.

thanks, ISIKO sports ARE agents for Cane Creek, but not Crank Brothers, so I will call Omnico...

Cheers, Chris

Sorry for the misleading info.

Omnico does have the seal in stock and that I know is a different part. As far as retrofitting I think it can be done but will require a rebuild kit plus new axle

thanks, could you HOLD them for a day or two, until OMNICO (agents) come back to me? No problem collecting them from you -  let me know what you want for the 'rebuilt kit? Cheers, Chris 072 211 7725

I'm not using them. My egg beaters are on a commuter bike, the bearings are perfect but they really need a replacement spring to get them back to a good condition, which I'm not going to bother with. I use other pedals on my mtb.

Think I bought 2 sets when they were on special years ago.

Edited by Robrider