Does any body have some Java moss snippings lying around that i can get my hands on to do some propagating? 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does any body have some Java moss snippings lying around that i can get my hands on to do some propagating? 

I bought some moss a few months back, not sure if it is Java though. The guy told me my fish won't chow it, well, they busy chowing it. I am trying to save it, if I am successful, you can have some.

Otherwise there was a guy somewhere near you advertising on FB the other day. He was selling all sorts of plants. My wife showed me the advert so didn't see if he had any moss but he did seem to have a vast selection and it was very cheap. I paid R80ish for a plant at the pet store and he was charging like R10 for the same one BUT I don't know how big the R10 plant is tbh. It could be like 1 stalk with a few roots. 

I bought some moss a few months back, not sure if it is Java though. The guy told me my fish won't chow it, well, they busy chowing it. I am trying to save it, if I am successful, you can have some.

Otherwise there was a guy somewhere near you advertising on FB the other day. He was selling all sorts of plants. My wife showed me the advert so didn't see if he had any moss but he did seem to have a vast selection and it was very cheap. I paid R80ish for a plant at the pet store and he was charging like R10 for the same one BUT I don't know how big the R10 plant is tbh. It could be like 1 stalk with a few roots.

Previously managed to buy some off someone that mailed it to us and got it to propagate nicely.

I have silver dollars and they eat absolutely everything but the moss if it takes should be fine. Give the bottom feeder types something to do.

Previously managed to buy some off someone that mailed it to us and got it to propagate nicely.

I have silver dollars and they eat absolutely everything but the moss if it takes should be fine. Give the bottom feeder types something to do.

How did he mail it to you? I assume it then survives fine out of water for an extended period?