Darling Brew Extreme DBX Limited 2020

Rouxenator

VERY NICE !!!!!

There was a similar multi-day-option event at Hermanus trails a few weeks back, if I recall correctly.

Hi Would I be able to do this event if my simple garmin device doesnt do GPS files ? I dont want to get lost ??

Thx 

Hi Would I be able to do this event if my simple garmin device doesnt do GPS files ? I dont want to get lost ??

Thx

Would also like to know ...

Thx

Would also like to know ...

Im also doing the race on Saturday so I hope so, I dont even have a bicycle computer, yet. We could all just get lost together...

Thx

there would be a lot of people to follow but the times I have done that race there's a lot of times I was all by my self. 1 wrong turn could end up in being quite a bit more distance than you were hoping for???? you could use your phone as a GPS.

"ROUTES:

There are three routes, a 20km, 45km and a 65km route. All routes will be clearly marked and riders will receive the GPS files for the specific route they have entered.

Make sure you load the route file on to your device. If you get lost, return to the previous route sign and continue from there. "

Don't stress about GPS devices. Just load the gpx files on your phone on an app like viewranger, ride, follow the route markings and consult your phone when you get lost.

The race is a bust anyway, so go and have an adventure.

• 1 month later...

Wow, what an awesome event as always  :thumbup:

The added precautions in place for compliance did not take away anything from how good this event has become known to be. 

When I entered I chose 10am as my start time however in the week I was informed all start times after 9:30 can start at 9:30. I guess there are not a lot riders that like their rides to span noon like I do. Arriving at 8:30 we (my dad did the 20km) registered and were told we can start whenever we like, just follow the markings. The event is self timed and the markings were excellent as usual. 

Unlike previous years the water points had water, and nothing else - no biggie. Being an overcast day the conditions were perfect and I could finish the entire 61km with my two bottles in just under 4 hours. Wind was strong at times but did not pose any problems. 

Riders on the long route were treated to some extra single track that was very scenic followed by one of the steepest downhills I rode in a long while. Loved it! 

Thanks to Darling Brew for pulling this off. The format works very well for those of us not interested in racing but instead looking for a fun ride packing a bit of a challenge. 

post-38519-0-58977300-1604760976_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-22108300-1604760982_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-39059800-1604760989_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-85186800-1604760994_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-38114900-1604761001_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-93142900-1604761005_thumb.jpg

Did the 45km with my son. Left at 06h45. Awesome route like last year. Well marked. Thanks Darling Brewery. Excellent refreshments at the finish albeit on a much smaller scale

At about 43km I had nothing left, I was almost dead, wind pumping from the front badly. Another rider stopped next to me, waited until I made a mental shift and rode with me to the end, it was the highlight of my ride.!

I need to get my legs stronger.