Leg Length Discrepancy - need shims for time pedal cleats

CrankShaft

So went to see a podiatrist for ankle and inner left foot pain and discovered that I have a 9mm shorter left leg. He is making an insert for my shoes to run and walk in but recommended a shim for my left shoe cleat to bring it up to the right leg length.

Any ideas where I can find a time pedal cleat shim ?

I recall up to 15mm discrepancy is actually normal. I wouldn't bother about 9mm. 

Mine is 25mm. Rode like that till I was 41. Only then I started experimenting with 18mm raised cleat on my short leg. Took some time to get used to it, especially on the bmx. 

Just set your saddle height 4mm high for the short leg and 4mm low for the long leg and you good to go!

I recall up to 15mm discrepancy is actually normal. I wouldn't bother about 9mm.

Mine is 25mm. Rode like that till I was 41. Only then I started experimenting with 18mm raised cleat on my short leg. Took some time to get used to it, especially on the bmx.

Just set your saddle height 4mm high for the short leg and 4mm low for the long leg and you good to go!

/\ What he says

I have a 13mm difference, tried shimming it out on my road shoes (Look pedals) to solve a lower back pain issue and never noticed any difference. Problem is if you ride mtb as well as road, and to find shims for mtb systems.... Eventually went back to a normal setup with no shims.

I bought shims from Steve Hogg in Australia, google his website, he is quite an expert on leg length discrepancies.

and fixes.

Shims. If in doubt leave them out!

That said - if it was measured by xray or some other reliable source then shimming can work.

I take it the problem is tibia not femur? Different solution depending on LLD position....

These guys do them - I don't know who the SA agent is.... https://www.bikefit.com/c-3-leg-length-shims.aspx

Yeah this is important, various other issues can make it look like a leg length issue, when it might not be.

Mine was confirmed by X-ray

All though the doc did his own measurements first and then the X-ray which confirmed he was correct... albeit out by 1mm