Pure Savage

But a road race with "twist" ...

The feeding zones was so much more than just a rest and feeding zone for the riders.

You had to walk the length of it in Ashton to appreciate the vibe amongst the families and supporters.

Dont get me wrong, I understand why it is different this year.

I even understand why hardcore racers may prefer the new format.

But speaking to some of the slower teams last year, seeing their leave no rider behind approach, and how the enjoyed it as a very special fun ride .... how some supporters dressed up and created a carnival atmosphere ....

Glad for the Savages and their competitors ... but equally sorry for the fun riders and their supporters.

The DC may well be one of a few events that catered to both the racers and fun riders ....

O well .... hoping we can support again in 2021 ....

Yes yes ..we understand the whole feeding zone vibe,but we did not come to enter a feeding zone event

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks, looking for a team under 6 or 5 hours , be in touch via WhatsApp 0826887399 thanks Kelson Da Cruz

Hi, is it under 6 hrs for the 2019 format or 2020 format (there about 45-1hr difference)

A friend of mine is offering DC massages either on Friday afternoon or Saturday after the event. They come to your accommodation and follow COVID protocols. See attached for details - we've booked a post-ride session for our team and I thought it was pretty reasonable - 5 weeks to go  :clap:

post-113886-0-96436400-1603279558_thumb.png

Hi, is it under 6 hrs for the 2019 format or 2020 format (there about 45-1hr difference)

plus or minus ? I see there's a 1 hour neutral zones so I'm assuming plus ? Also looking for a team not too sure what time to expect now with the neutral zones... I only know the strava times from my mates last year not actually sure if people talk racetec times or strava times (start to finish including neutral zones)

plus or minus ? I see there's a 1 hour neutral zones so I'm assuming plus ? Also looking for a team not too sure what time to expect now with the neutral zones... I only know the strava times from my mates last year not actually sure if people talk racetec times or strava times (start to finish including neutral zones)

neutral zone time is cut drastically this year. The Pass is still a NZ so you're alowed 22min through the pass as a minimmum then 10min in Ashton.

Thereafter the race is timed all the way to the finish. Bonnievale stop is a timed feedzone so grab and go.

For the fast teams the NZ is only 32min this year as opposed to 82min in the previous few years

neutral zone time is cut drastically this year. The Pass is still a NZ so you're alowed 22min through the pass as a minimmum then 10min in Ashton.

Thereafter the race is timed all the way to the finish. Bonnievale stop is a timed feedzone so grab and go.

For the fast teams the NZ is only 32min this year as opposed to 82min in the previous few years

I couldn't find this detail om website? Is this all 100% confirmed?

Correcto mundo!

Will be interesting, will probably have support team on side of road where the Bonnivale stop was on the climb with bottles and gels and again on the second sister.

There's a water stop on top of the second sister so might be a bit congested.

Planning the support vehicle is going to be key this year (also making sure your team are together at the end of the rolling neutral zone).

Thanks for explaining man. Looks like all the left out from the notice board are starting to organize something, let's see, I might actually end up doing this DC thing, hopefully I won't regret it after 150k  :lol:  :lol:

Edited by Jbr

I couldn't find this detail om website? Is this all 100% confirmed?

it was part of the event management plan and the event was approved on this basis so I doubt it will be altered unless the authorities approve.

water points are still at:

top of Tradouws pass

At the barn just after the top of Op de Tradouw

After the concrete bridge after we turn off the Bonnievale road

Top of the 2nd Sister

Finish

Will be interesting, will probably have support team on side of road where the Bonnivale stop was on the climb with bottles and gels and again on the second sister.

Car allowed to follow you from ashton (actually have to), so no need to have extra support people , just feed/drink from the "not moving car"